cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very frustrated and need help with BB Curve 8330

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very frustrated and need help with BB Curve 8330

I purchased the Red BB Curve 8330 from Sprint a few weeks ago- but two things are driving me crazy!

1. Even if I have set the profile to off, or phone only, or vibrate it continues to make chiming sounds at text messages, and rings anyway if some one calls. Why is it doing this??? This is my third Blackberry- and I have never had a problem, up until now!

2. Why can't I download songs as my ringtones? I purchased some software off the sprint store- but it says I have to have them downloaded to convert- but I can't convert the ones that I have purchased.

Please help! This is driving me nuts!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Defective unit if what your saying is TRUE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh no! I was hoping the theme might be messing it up. What about downloading songs for ringers??

Highlighted
Journeyman

As for your first issue, I'd be willing to bet it is a setup issue or a conflict created off of a third party application. A quick and easy way to diagnose is with a hard reset, on the BlackBerry it is a handheld wipe. Very easy to do, I can talk you through it if you'd like to pursue that avenue. Bear in mind you will loose all your data, so be sure to sync first with the Desktop Manager and data cable that came with the phone.

Second, what exactly did you do concerning something you "Purchased" from the Software Store? If you are using the 1GB microSD card that came with the phone, the easiest thing to do is to save .mp3 or other audio files to the folder named "RINGTONES". Note that music that you purchase through the music store cannot so easily be made into ringtones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm ok to do the hard reset, if that would help. It's make noise no matter if it's on vibrate- it just rang and it is set to quiet!!

The software was:Ringo Mobile for BlackBerry . I've been able to just download song ringtones on my other non-sprint BB, and on my personal use Sprint phone. So, why can't I do that with the Curve? If I go to download ringtones- it's just chimes, not song as ringer.... So, the Sprint Store said this software would let you do that. So far it was $20 for a download that doesn't have any icon or evidence it's on there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Which BlackBerry phones did you have previous to the 8330?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, I have to ask this just to make sure. But are you having the issues when the phone is in the holster and out of the holster? Just basic trouble shooting since blackberry's change the profile when they are unholstered and holstered.

Have you edited a set profile to make the exception? I can set my blackberry to vibrate or quiet, but if I go in an manually change the advanced option of that profile, I can have the phone on quite but I can change level 1 messages to make a sound loud even though the rest of the profile is set to quiet. So if you had set you phone to vibrate, but played with the advance options and changed a setting, the change setting would go to the modified option.

To make sure, set your phone to the quiet profile, go to advanced options, and made sure the device is set to mute on all 10 options. If you changed the advanced option by mistake, it is possible for example phone calls to ring through while on the vibrate profile. You need to make sure all options on that profile are set to mute and that includes holster and out of holster.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know if this answers the questions about ringtones/music, but I have downloaded a lot of songs to my Curve. Some from my PC and others from online sources. I set all my default rings (where possible) as songs, and then went into my address book and assigned songs to individuals. That was the only way I could find of doing it. I'm hoping if there's an easier way, someone will post it here.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat