Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual VoiceMail Problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How can this bug be reported to Sprint so they can release a new patch?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/Version-6-0-Bundle-2426-does-not-w...

Version 6.0 Bundle 2426 does not work with Sprint Visual VoiceMail

Options

04-30-2011 05:35 AM

I updated to the latest Sprint Bundle a few days ago and after the update Visual VoiceMail has become quite problematic to keep working. I regularly have to reboot my BB to play messages. The only temporary solution is to call my VM system, but the Visual VM system stinks compared to the old Sprint VoiceMail system, as messages are not kept longer than a week, and a third of the features are gone. I have looked and even called both Sprint and BB tech support and both are clueless. Sprint sent me updates to my phone via the network, asked me to remove the battery, ran the update profile and update PRL options in the mobile options screen, etc.. My next step is to take it into the Sprint repair center and have them downgrade the OS or do whatever they need to do. The previous Sprint build worked just fine with Visual VoiceMail so not sure what the problem is. Is anyone else experiencing this bug and how did you fix it? I am more limited as I am on a Mac. I wish I would have kept the latest build, as I unfortunately deleted it to save space (last time I will ever do that).

John

UPDATE…

Sprint repair Center was unable to fix the phone. They wiped the phone and reloaded the data and still Visual VM has problems. I then spoke with BB tech Support for 2 hours on saturday and they had me do a security wipe, and still visual VM has problems. We did other tests and were unable to come to a resolution, so the concussion is that Sprints latest UPDATE conflicts with Visual VoiceMail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

• If Blackberry Curve 9330 or Blackberry  9670:
  1. Ensure handset is on software version 6.0.0.407 for the BlackBerry Style 9670 or version 6.0.0.394 for the BlackBerry Curve 9330.
  2. Go to Visual Voicemail on the phone.
  3. Select Menu (Blackberry key) > Options.
  4. Press and hold Alt Key and press IRMI.
    • A popup will appear “Do you want to Reset Visual Voicemail
  5. Select Yes.
  6. Go to next step.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
    Highlighted
    Master

Visual Voicemail is provisioned in the system not on your device.  If you will answer my private message I will help you get this fixed.  Anyone else with this issue needs to make sure the Advanced Technical Support representative is accessing the Service Management GUI.  This is the only way to make sure that visual voicemail is provisioned correctly and/or to reset it.  It is also where we can stop the text to voicemail program.

I will help you get this fixed

Larry

Highlighted
    Journeyman

can i speak with the Advanced Technical Support rep by calling customer service? Ive called CS over a month ago because although i do have VVM activated, ive never had it work on my device. When i click on VVM, a screen shows stating " The wireless service provider has not yet responded to confirm that you are signed up for VVM". Pressed "resend request".....nothing

The rep check to make sure it was activated, reset my profile, rebooted the phone...etc!  not one thing worked.

It would be better if somewhere someone could answer how to get this darn thing to work! I dont even get a text stating i even have a VM!.

Highlighted
    Journeyman

I replied to the PM Larry. Yes you may access my account to fix this issue as no one else can. VVM freezes and I have to manually dial my VM to listen to messages.  The only workaround is to reboot the phone to listen to VVM messages.

Highlighted
    Master

• If Blackberry Curve 9330 or Blackberry  9670:
    1. Ensure handset is on software version 6.0.0.407 for the BlackBerry Style 9670 or version 6.0.0.394 for the BlackBerry Curve 9330.
    5. Select Yes.
    6. Go to next step.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
      Journeyman

I did that Larry. Will it fix the problem? Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
      Journeyman

OKIESTRO solutions worked for me after I updated!

If Blackberry Curve 9330 or Blackberry  9670:

5. Select Yes.
      6. Go to next step.
      Highlighted
      Journeyman

Well they did not work for me. VVM still crashes and nothing has changed since I reset it.

Highlighted
      Journeyman

Althought this fixes the issue temporarily, visual voicemail locks as soon as the next voicemail is received. This is a software issue and Sprint/BB needs to provide a fix to the situation.

Highlighted
      Journeyman

Bundle 2426 was supposed to fix several issues with visual voicemail. It actually worked perfectly before. Now the app freezes. even after reset and trying to reconsile. It you check under Device Support for the Blackberry Curve 3G it recommends this upgrade. If you check under Support Services there's a message that says Visual Voicemail is not supported on the Blackberry Curve 3G.....so which is it? Any suggestions on actually getting this to work perminently would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
      Journeyman

More problems with Bundle 2426. Now when using gmail the phone just resets itself.....very useful undocumented feature! The service is crap, the bundle is crap and so it the phone.......Sprint wake up...your in last place in the cell phone market for a reason!

Highlighted
      Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my style phone....  freezing up with voice mail now after the new software push....   and now the whole phone scroll/ trackball is freezing up. go figure...   i thought it was my trackpad until my husband updated his and now his is doing it... 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
      Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
      If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat