cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when BlackBerry App World disappears from your phone?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you do when BlackBerry App World disappears from your phone?

The BlackBerry App World icon has disappeared from my phone (Style 9670) and it doesn't show up in a search. However, it does show up as an application on my phone, but I can't get to it. I really don't want to have to drive to the store. I've tried pulling the battery, I've installed updates ... nothing has brought it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

JETIREY wrote:

Thanks, but I checked that already. It's not hidden.

Are your other data services working ok on your phone?  Typically I see this when the phone 'lost' communication with the RIM server. I can refresh your device and send over service books which can push any missing icons back to your device. But first, why don't you try going to the following link from your blackberry and attempt to reinstall the application: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/download

If this doesn't work, let me know and I will send you a PM so we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

The Icon may be hidden  to correct this go to  any icon on the phone press the Blackberry key to the left of the track pad.  A menu will come up  if you have any hidden icons you will have a selection called show all . Click on show all if will bring up all icons that have been hidden.   After that look for the icon  on the device  remember to look in all folders  because the icon may have been move as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

JETIREY wrote:

Are your other data services working ok on your phone?  Typically I see this when the phone 'lost' communication with the RIM server. I can refresh your device and send over service books which can push any missing icons back to your device. But first, why don't you try going to the following link from your blackberry and attempt to reinstall the application: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/download

If this doesn't work, let me know and I will send you a PM so we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

That worked. Thanks so much!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat