cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the new BlackBerry 10.2 update be available for my Q10?

Journeyman

When will the new BlackBerry 10.2 update be available for my Q10?

As per usual, Sprint is late to the game. Verizon and AT&T have already pushed this update to its customers about 2-3 weeks ago as soon as it was released from BlackBerry itself. I'm not surprised and neither should any of you be. As being 3rd out of 4 major carriers doesn't carry much merit, I would just like to ask WHEN rather than WHY. Please oh please mighty Sprint Community Admins when will this new update be available OTA for myself and other 'loyal' Sprint & Blackberry customers?

Tags (3)
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted

Re: When will the new BlackBerry 10.2 update be available for my Q10?

@PHOTO_GRAPHY-

Good afternoon and thanks so much for the question! I'm not sure when the new software version is going to be released for the Q10, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. The best place to find all of the latest and official information, will be posted via https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/blackberry/blackberr....

I wish I had some better news and my apologies for the vagueness! Thanks for being our customer!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Any updates about this rollout?  All major international carriers have pushed it to their devices.  Initially, I thought that Sprint was being cautious in case the deployment of 10.2 in other carriers would be a disaster but that concern has clearly not materialized.

Please speak to your technical team and give us at least a range of when we can expect it.

Journeyman

Seriously.

When will 10.2 roll out? Its been way too long. Every carrier but sprint seems to have released the upgrade. If I go bootleg I lose my warranty - when will the update be released?

Journeyman

Not true that 10.2 is out for AT&T and Verizon.  It is in beta still (I have it) on both a Sprint and VZW Q10.  The number one issue we want to see fixed is ability to send plain text emails vs. html/rich text emails (have a choice).  The new Z30 device has 10.2. 

I am told by Waterloo that 10.2 will be released in Jan on both VZW and late Jan/mid Feb on Sprint.  Do not know for AT&T but I would assume same time line.

Journeyman

I hope this happens sooner rather then later!!

Master

I know waiting isn't fun, currently we haven't been given any more info on when this will release.

-John
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Journeyman

I just hope we get it before the end of February...

Journeyman

If Sprint isn't going to support Blackberry, why even carry Blackberry? If Sprint isn't going to support its customers, I guess the real question should be, why are any of us still with Sprint??

Master

SRIT

We apologize for the wait. Please bear in mind that all updates come directly from the manufacturer. You can keep track of any new updates by accessing this link. http://newsroom.sprint.com/. 

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

We know that Blackberry has sent 10.2.1 versions to Sprint and that Sprint is "testing."  We just like to think that Sprint can test just as fast as any other carrier.  Its now between Sprint and TMobile of who will be the last to release if at all.  TMobile has already announced why there was a delay and that they will release in March.  No word from Sprint at all.  The OS is in Sprint's court and we would appreciate the release soon

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat