cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are emoticons/smiley faces on Tour 9630

Journeyman

Where are emoticons/smiley faces on Tour 9630

I just purchased the Tour 9630 and can't find the emoticons/smiley faces to use in text messages.  Can anyone tell me where they are?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Where are emoticons/smiley faces on Tour 9630

The text messaging emoticons are part of Blackberry OS 5. The latest rumors suggest that Sprint will be releasing their version of OS 5 for the Tour some time in December 2009. RIM wants all current BlackBerry devices running OS 5 before the first of the year. If you can't wait, there have been leaks of OS 5 for the Tour (with .230 being the most stable), but if you're not comfortable upgrading your OS or sacrificing compatability with some of your apps, wait for the official release.

I had .230 running on my 4th Tour. I am now on Tour #5 and decided that I can wait for the official release to upgrade to OS 5, though with 4.7.1.57 sucking as hard as it does (battery life is complete garbage and too many hang-ups) I might be tempted to jump the gun.

Message was edited by: rhoq

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat