cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is 5.0 OS for 8350i?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is 5.0 OS for 8350i?

According to RIM they've released the OS to all the vendors.  The 8350i is on the list to get 5.0, but nothing yet from Sprint/Nextel.  One Blackberry offering for those that require DC and a currently buggy OS that fixed some issues, but exposed more.  What gives Sprint?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Where is 5.0 OS for 8350i?

The 5.0 upgrade for the 8350i is planned for 2Q10.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

Well I hope it's the beginning of the 2nd quarter and also the year 2010 (that would be key).  Getting very depressing seeing updates on a daily basis for every other Blackberry out there.

Thanks for the info.  Hope you're right.

Journeyman

Is this by fiscal quarter, or calendar?  Because fiscal means it's "planned" to be released no later than the 31st of March, and by calendar that means we may have to wait until June 30th.  What I'd like to know is why does the 8350i get put at the bottom of the priority list, when it is vitually identical to the Curve 8330, which does have 5.0.

Journeyman

well you should be happy at least you get the new upgrade to 5.0, while all of us 8330 user will never get to see it at all on our blackberry.

Journeyman

Crackberry.com is reporting that SouthernLinc has OS 5.0 available for the 8350i.  So...

If a regional carrier owned by a power company can make OS 5.0 available to their customers, why can't Sprint?

Journeyman

5.0? They can't even get the latest 4.6.1.313 update right, it is FULL of glitches and I hear nothing but complaints and issues realting to the .313! And it was only released bout 8 months ago!! I spoke with a BlackBerry Technician, and did some research on the Crackberry website, both listed the exact same complaints/issue's with the latest .313 update! its soo bad, that RIM is currently working on a new revised Version of the .313 that is supposed to take care of the issue's, and make the .313 run SMOOTH! It is supposed to be finished in about a month, released there after! So with all this OS madness going on with the 4.6.1.313, it's hard to believe in my opinion, that if the 4.6.1.313 Version for the 8350i is so bad they are revising it, HOW IN THE WORLD are they going to jump to 5.0? When they can't even to get the 4.6 right??

Just my opinion, based on advise from multiple Nextel BlackBerry Experts! Stick with the 4.6.1.214, untill the OS madness is over and they release the revised .313! With them getting ready to realease the .313 AGAIN! I just don't see a 5.0 anytime soon! But that's just an opinion!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat