cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Sprint's Official OS5 update for the Tour 9630?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is Sprint's Official OS5 update for the Tour 9630?

I saw that the new Sprint Curve (8530) received an OS5 update today (though, it ships with a lower version of OS5 anyways). It was rumored that RIM requested that carriers update all devices that could run OS5 before the first of the year? Any information?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Where is Sprint's Official OS5 update for the Tour 9630?

After having to return 2 tours for trackball issues, within 30 days of switching from my att bold with os 5.0, I'm starting to wonder if the switch was a good idea. Not only has sprint drug their feet on an official 5.0 release for the tour, their tech's are of no help saying "The current os is on the update page, it's 4.7.x.x" when I asked "when is 5.0 coming." It's like they're trained to avoid the question. All I know is that there's a federal rate increase and I may use it to avoid the etf and get away from sprint if they don't start taking care of those of us who pay big money for our phones and plans.

Journeyman

Re: Where is Sprint's Official OS5 update for the Tour 9630?

Talked to a sprint rep at the store, she said she thinks mid-late Jan b/c they just released the 4.7.whatever update

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat