Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is really better? The Tour or the Curve

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Which is really better? The Tour or the Curve

Can someone help me.  I am debating what phone is better as I am getting mixed reviews.  People are saying that the tour drops calls and has a horrible battery life.  I like the Curve but I lost it so now that I am buying a new one I need to know which direction to go in.

Side bar - I purchased the HTC Hero and I really don't like it much.  I need an expert to give me advice on what I can do.

HELP!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Which is really better? The Tour or the Curve

My wife and I have had Blackberrys for 2 years I had the 8830 and she had the 8330 Curve. Due to the recent Alltel Verizon deal we had to move to Sprint and both of us choose the 9630 Tour w/ camera. Yes we had to pay more, but wholly cow what an impressive phone. The screen brightness and resolution is incredible. The up and down speed for loading the internet and emails is much better. Do the TOUR for sure.

Journeyman

Thanks so much for your help.  I really need to get users opinions because the sales people seem to sell anything.  The confusion lies in the fact that the sales person is the one who ironically said don't buy it.  Do you guys live in a rural area?  I do and maybe that's what he meant.  It seems nice but the Curve was just a comfort zone.

I hope you enjoy your phones and again thanks for the input.

NF

Journeyman

I upgraded from the Curve to the Tour & let's just say after dealing with 2 Tour's with text issues I went back to the Curve.  Give it another 6 months & the text issues should be worked out 🙂

What mine was doing was freezing when I went to delete ALL my test/email/call logs because I have them all coming into the same field, well when you delete them all the device would get stuck on "Deleting" & you would have to take the battery out & back in to finish deleting the messages (if any were left) or to compose/read new text or email.

I loved the way it felt & the screen though!

Journeyman

I'm torn. The Curve is a solid device. Seriously - it's 100% reliable and nearly indestructable (within reason). I upgraded to the Tour when it first came out and experienced many issues.

Tour #1 (Brand New)
No ability to load images. Keyboard and trackball were defective. Loose battery door.

Tour #2 (Brand New)
Perfect for about 2 weeks. Spontaneously rebooted and hung for about 20 minutes. After that screen flickered like watching an old TV with nothing but rabbit ears. Loose battery door.

Tour #3 (Refurbished)
Lasted for about 2 and half hours before rebooting into the "Reload Software" error screen (a/k/a "bricked" BlackBerry). I could have fixed the problem, but figured it would be best just to try to get it swapped for another one. Slightly loose battery door.

Tour #4 (Brand New)
Defective trackball (which plagued most Tours built prior to mid-August 2009). Slightly loose battery door. Thought I could live with it, but towards the end the trackball issues started to get worse, especially after I loaded OS5. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Tour #5 (Brand New - received 10/26/09)
Built on September 29, 2009. Trackball seems to work well. Keyboard also seems to be more rigid (the other Tours I had, the key presses felt softer). Tight-fitting battery door.

Now that I have a fully functioning Tour, I'm happy. It is certainly nicer and faster than the Curve. BUT asthetics and speed aside, the Curve is more the reliable of the 2 devices. If you don't care about future compatibilty (the 8330 can run OS5, but it is uknown how far it will be supported beyond that), I'd go with the Curve. If you want the "latest and greatest" go with the Tour. The issues with the hardware defects seem to have been resolved now.

Journeyman

Thanks to everyone who replied.  All feedback was very helpful and as a result I am going back to the curve.  I have set up my email and everything is back to normal.  In short I like simple easy functioning phones and the curve is simplicity and ease all in one.

Journeyman

I think you made a good choice. i have them both and i got the tour because of the GSM international feature. Not that i travel much, but other than that, my curve overall has a better feel to me. luckily, i have not experienced any malfunctions with either phone. i hav had my curve since it came to sprint.

Other than a track ball issue its been rock solid. i like texin the on the curve better also. i find the buttons on the tour to be "pressed in" so i make a lot of mistakes typing. But if i had to choose a phone, and i could only have one. It would be the curve hands down.

Journeyman

Had the Curve 8330m and now have the Tour.

I can't for the life of my figure how anyone would prefer the Curve over the Tour?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat