Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Did You Hurt FRIDA my Blackberry Curve!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Did You Hurt FRIDA my Blackberry Curve!?

I love Sprint, your everything plans are the best! I have been with you since 2003. It is rare for me to be so loyal to one company. I love my Blackberry: I have the Red Curve 8330m. It even has a name: Frida Curve! And I am excited to move to the newest BB in February! Frida Curve started acting up, freezing, and re-starting all by itself. I took Frida to "Sprint Store By Acs Wireless" in Santa Fe Springs, CA about 3 weeks ago. The tech inspected the phone & they verified no water damage, abuse, etc. They even said that this is a common issue & it can't be fixed.

There was a scratch in the screen: they returned the phone to me with the scratch a small crack, some of the keys no long spring up & down. Oh and they left a hair between the two screens! Nice! But the tech said they were ordering the replacement and to pick it up in two days. I stayed calm and patient about the scratch becoming a crack, the messed up key, and THE HAIR LEFT BETWEEN MY SCREENS because they stated a replacement was being ordered under warranty.

That Friday, I called to make sure the replacement was in the store before I drove down. Then the bait & switch began... The clerk said he wasn't going to be able to replace the phone because of the scratch on the screen (which they made into a little crack). Then he caught himself in his lying: first he said Sprint rejected the replacement, then he said they never submitted it because it would never be approved...

But hey THERE IS A BAIT & SWITCH SOLUTION! He offered to repair the crack, which was a scratch before I went in to the store, for $100! Nice! Lie to me, crack my screen, mess up 4 keys so they aren't springy anymore and LEAVE A HAIR BETWEEN MY SCREENS and I get to pay you $100 to fix!

So me being loyal to Sprint, always showing off Frida the Curve to everyone, and bragging about your Everything/Unlimited plans earns me 1) having my phone wrecked in the store 2) being lied to about my replacement coming in two days (then they don't even call me to say the were breaking their agreement to replace the phone) 3) they show the true purpose was a bait & switch to get $100 off of me but would still leave me with screwed up phone that FREEZES & RE-STARTS by itself! Way to go Sprint!

If you don't have Sprint yet... well I am not sure I can recommend them anymore... I am trying to stay loyal, but WOW, are these contract Sprint stores allowed to do this? If it has Sprint's name on the door, then it is a Sprint store so that means Sprint stands by these actions!

And let me tell you, the scratch which is now a crack is annoying to look at, the messed up keys make me grit my teeth (I am a power user of my phone), but the hair left between the screens makes me sick!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought a new full case for my son's Blackberry Curve 8330 from eBay for $13.  It has a new screen on it.  When you take apart the phone to put the new case on it, you can get rid of that nasty hair too.  Then you can get the phone exchanged.

On the other hand, if you have insurance it shouldn't matter.  A $100 deductible and you have a new phone, regardless of the damage to the phone.  And I agree....you should not have to pay for damage they caused (or increased) in the shop.  That's just shady.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat