cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Doesn't my camera and video camera work?

Journeyman

Why Doesn't my camera and video camera work?

On my Blackberry 8330m, I try to open up the video camera, it shows a black screen and automatically closes the application.  When I open up my camera, it displays the message "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." This is so confusing. I didn't know there was a different way to close the application other then exiting. I uploaded the phone, or so I think I have, by going into options.  I have taken out the battery, multiple times, and removed the memory card, or whatever. These still have not fixed the problem.  Could anyone help?

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Why Doesn't my camera and video camera work?

how long did u take the batter out 4? it happened 2 me 1 time. but 2 reset ur phone u have 2 take it out 4 30 sec. and what size memory card do u have it has 2 be no larger then 4 or u can have problems with ur phone. is their anything else that isnt working?

Journeyman

I didn't take the battery out for that long, but I will  try it now. My memory card is 1 gb. No other problems that I have noticed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope. Still doing the same thing.

Journeyman

My phone does that everytime I try and use the camera.  It is starting to get really annoying.  I have no way of fixing it.  I have taken the battery out the memory card out and still says the same thing.

Journeyman

If I was you I would go to the Sprint store they will either fix the problem or give you a refurbished phone.  If you don't have phone insurence you should that way you will get a refurbished phone for free if not I have no idea what will happen either charge you a bit of money for a replacement or they may mail it to a sprint warehouse to repair it and you may not have a phone for a week or two.  Go to a sprint store and explain you problem your having thats what I would do first.  Good Luck.

Journeyman

hi tracy,

is the camera and video camera working now?  hope so what did you end up doing please let me know thank you.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.