cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are incoming calls going directly to voice mail?

Highlighted
Patron

Why are incoming calls going directly to voice mail?

My wife and I both have the Blackberry Curve 8530 and for the last 3 days we noticed that we haven't been receiving all of our incoming calls. I had one call get through and my wife had one get through, not sure why/how that happened. Combined we had 4 calls go directly to VM. Missed calls do not register in the call log. We still get texts and emails. We see that we have a voice mail if the caller leaves one. I tried battery pulls and rebooting the phones. I had 2 people call me from 2 different service providers and their calls went directly to VM. Call forwarding is not on and has never been on for either phone. The alerts and ringers are all on as usual. No apps downloads or setting changes in the last month. I suspect it is something with the Sprint network. I think I saw some stuff about timing issues with the Cisco network. Any insight would be appreciated.

A phone that doesn't ring when it should is pretty worthless....

3 REPLIES 3
Patron

Re: Why are incoming calls going directly to voice mail?

I called tech support and the tower my phone connects to was down to 73% strength due to maintenance or something. As a result, my phone had a weaker signal and calls weren't getting through. Also our phones' batteries were draining very fast. The tech said that was due to the phone trying to find a better signal all the time, which drains battery power very quickly. He was able to get both of our phones to connect to a different cell tower. That appeared to resolve the issue.

Journeyman

something fishy has been going on and their not telling us! most of my friends that still have blackberries are experiecing the same thing. its has happened to me numerous of times. phone not ringing, straight to voicemail, etc. this seems to be an issue with the blackberry service? dont know. im really thinking of changing my blackberry. i was trying to wait for bb10, but now im hearing it wont be out till 1st quqter 2013, ive been out my contract since may. i hope they resolve this issue..

Journeyman

This is also occuring on iPhones in the Northeast.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat