cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will sprint support blackberry software upgrade to version 5.0 for a Blackberry Curve 8330?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will sprint support blackberry software upgrade to version 5.0 for a Blackberry Curve 8330?

Will Sprint support upgrading my Blackberry Curve 8330 to version 5.0 software?  I have 4.5 right now.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Will sprint support blackberry software upgrade to version 5.0 for a Blackberry Curve 8330?

You might not like this, but I'm not seeing any OS 5 upgrades for the 8300, 10, 20, or 30 on any US carrier.  Many of these phones are out of circulation while carriers have upgraded to the 8500-series phones, which carry OS 5.  The 8350i was probably targeted in part for its uniqueness as a Direct Connect™-enabled phone.  Given RIM's Nextel history, a new Nextel BlackBerry model is released at longer intervals than ordinary 'Berrys, so this particular model is still current.  Thus, for now, it's the only active 83xx handset to get OS 5. 

We don't know if any carrier is actually testing OS 5 on other 83xx phones.  I myself think it's unlikely given the natural order of things in the tech world.

Nate

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat