cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we see the Blackberry Torch???

275 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???

Blackberry news reports the torch 2 and bold touch will arrive august 21st on sprint. Let's hope they make good on this

Journeyman

You're totally correct johnmarki, the BlackBerry device listed is not going to be the At&t slider Torch type device. The upgraded At&t Torch2 9810 will still be an At&t exclusive. The device like johnmarki said, is the BlackBerry full touchscreen codename "monaco" . This undoubtly cause some major confusion IF? RIM indeed decides to brand the full touchscreen "Torch". IMO i'm really not too sure how reliable this SKU list from Sprint? is, I mean it's still showing the Bold 9930's RIM codename of "montana" and the BB Torch as "monaco". But I guess bottom line, and sorry Torch2 wanters, it will definatly NOT be on Sprint, JUST At&t this summer.

Journeyman

While your correct in the naming, the Torch that Sprint is receiving is not the torch referred to in this post. The BlackBerry Torch (Monaco) as shown @ crackberry, is the all touch screen, it is the newly updated Storm that will add to the Torch moniker. I believe the original poster was referring to the slide out QWERTY torch.

Journeyman

Interesting, I don't check it for a week or so and I miss that info... Oh well, I am set on the 9930 anyways...

Journeyman

lg-optimus-slider_0.jpg

i have proof (thanks to crackberry dot com). RIM will make a BlackBerry Torch for Sprint (Code: SP9850RIM). SP= Sprint, 9850= Model, RIM= Company. YOU'LL NEED MORE PROOF THAN THAT??

Journeyman

Sprint will not recieve the Torch, unless RIM decides to create a CDMA version of Torch. As in regards to the Torch 2, RIM is yet again keeping it a UMTS/GSM only device, so essentially the only major companies to get it will be ATT (T-mobile by proxi from buy out.)

Journeyman

I gave up waiting for Sprint to get the Torch.  I have the Samsung Galaxy S EPIC 4G and it runs rings around the torch.  Goodbye RIM.

Journeyman

Let it be known that I despise AT&T.  I had them for years - when they were Cingular - and actually nice to their customers.  As a business owner and individual user, I love Sprint's customer service.  For the past 1.5 years, our family/business has been split between AT&T and Sprint.    I changed our business account to Sprint and think their customer service is wonderful.  I hesitated on switching other accounts (users that can't give up the Iphone and the fact that adding an additional line is not really a money saving feature in Sprint).  The CEO of our company has often said that if Sprint got the Iphone, he would cancel his contract so fast.  Alas, they have not.

I am a Blackberry user through and through.  I need the blackberry keyboard and honestly could never use an iphone 100%.  However, today, I became a kid in a candy store. A friend of ours came over (a friend that used, for many years, a taped together many old flip phone and a guy that has absolutely no knowledge of smart phones).  He got the torch from - hate to even say their name- at &t.  He needed help setting it up.  In comes a lover of Blackberry and very jealous person at this point.  The touch screen was so easy to operate.  I loved this phone - so much that I am sure that at the end of my contract, I will go to a company that can supply me with the Torch. 

Again, let it be stated that I cannot stand at&t (master rip off artists) and only take the time to write this to let Sprint know that they are indeed doing something right - but in the same respect need to get their act together when it comes to phone selection.  Forget the android powered phones!  They are a dime a dozen!

Hoping to remain your loyal customer.

S.

Journeyman

Unfortunately, I have to agree that Sprint will not get the Torch 2. It is a real shame, as I would really enjoy the larger touch screen, with the BlackBerry keyboard. As a Sprint customer, I'm extremely dissapointed with the lack of interest Sprint has put into BlackBerry and the business/consumer customers that rely, and enjoy the BlackBerry experience.  The Torch 1 was designed for ATT by RIM and they had an exclusive contract for the Torch which ran out in March 2011. Now, the Torch 2 will be released under a similar contract between RIM and ATT and by the time that contract comes to an end, BlackBerry will be releasing QNX handhelds. So the odds of a CDMA BlackBerry Torch 2 are slim to none IMHO. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I really cant see that happening.

Maybe Sprint will expand the newer BlackBerry devices it carries someday, but dont hold your breath.

Journeyman

Ok, I'm really not sure what you're complaining about...if your contract expires in July with Sprint (mine expires in June) then just wait and get an upgrade device at $199.00, and if you are such a business man, have you actually compared Sprint's pricing with at&t and Verizon, you'll find Sprint (even with the $10 smartphone charge) will be at least $20.00 cheaper than  at&t or Verizon...and again, if you are SO wanting a Torch, then sign up with at&t and possible T-Mobile this July, they'll have the Torch2, and you'll have a higher cell phone bill with them. ATTENTION!!!! SPRINT IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT GETTING THE TORCH2...If you guys want one, jeesh, go to at&t or T-Mobile and stop your friggin' boo-hooing.