cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've got to be kidding me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You've got to be kidding me.

I was one of the first to order a tour. I had trackball problems, sure, but I didn't want to be a crybaby, so it wasn't until this past month that I finally said something because it just got to bad to overlook.

I go to the Sprint store, and they say the only way it will work is if we put in the curve white trackball, and basically I can go cry a river if I expected anything else. Thankfully an advanced tech rep wasn't as rude and sent a replacement.

Now, AGAIN the trackball just stops working, left to right, and scrolling down works great, but you can't scroll up at all.

Sprint store basically says see, I told you so, you want us to switch the the white trackball now? If not you can go cry a river.

Really? Is every tour getting their trackball replaced? Why even sell a phone if it doesnt work as it's supposed to. I'm so frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: You've got to be kidding me.

This is what happens when I post out of anger, and stay on hold for 10 minutes.

Don't ask me how but I fixed it. Well I do know how but its harder to explain in words

Journeyman

That's weird. Did they send you a new one or a refurb?

I had a launch Tour and had the bad trackball, I had it replaced last month with a brand new Tour, and the trackball on it is perfect, it works in every single way.

Journeyman

If it happens again, try using compressed air around the trackball.  I had the same problem with my Blackberry Curve 8330.  The compress air worked.  Apparently, lint or other debris can lodge around the trackball.

Journeyman

Compressed air can work and that COULD be the problem but it was well documented within the community that the very early launch Tour, even the ones on Verizon had a problem that needed actual replacement to fix the issue with the trackball so if you have one of those early models that is more than likely the problem, not something a shot of air can fix.

Journeyman

Request a manufactures build date after the middle of August, and you SHOULD be fine. This is when they started issuing out new "green dot" tours on VZW, that were fixed of the trackball issue.

Also, a refurb might not be a bad idea.. It's been repaired with this issue in mind, thus posisbly fixing it all together.

Journeyman

Tell me about it, no trackball problems, they told me I shouldn't use apps, smart phone hmm,starting to think not, they actually told me to downgrade to the green recycled phone lmao, reclaim, give me a break, we pay we get decent service, so simple but they make thing's ridiculous!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat