cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do u change the ring tone for txt messages on the blackberry curve 8330???

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do u change the ring tone for txt messages on the blackberry curve 8330???

ive had the fone for just over 2 months and i still havent figured out how to change my txt meassage ringtone and the beeping ringtone they have set on it atomaticlly is getting really annoying so if anybody knows wat i should do or if u have any advice let me know thanks!!!!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: how do u change the ring tone for txt messages on the blackberry curve 8330???

Hello,

Go to Profiles, Advanced, Normal then SMS text and you can change it from there...

Miya

Journeyman

Re: how do u change the ring tone for txt messages on the blackberry curve 8330???

I figured that one out, but I paid for and downloaded a new SMS alert from the Sprint Digital Lounge.  After several attempts to get the link, I am finally told that I have already downloaded the content.  However, I cannot find the new alert in my list available when I try to change it.  Where is it?

Journeyman

That has happened to me twice that I could not find it but when I rebooted the device the ringtones were there.  Try removing the battery and rebooting.  Sounds weird but it did work.

Journeyman

the download should have saved to your media.....go to the media icon on the device and select that.....the scroll until selection of "ring tones".....select that....you should have choices of "all ring tones" or "my ring tones" or "preloaded ring tones"......choice "my ring tones"......should be list of ringers you have downloaded to the device......

also here is something you are problemly going to need.........

the ringers actually come from handmark........

Unable to download, getting content already downloaded

---refer to handmark

Please troubleshoot per steps below. Refer to handmark at 816-268-2954

Journeyman

were is profiles @ cuz i have the problem

Journeyman

what is the name of the download?

Journeyman

the 8330 does not have the ability to customize ringtones for text messages......now the tour 9630 and new 8530 both can....

there are a couple of applications in the blackberry appl world that state that once you download them you will be able too.....

please review them careful --- i was reading about one of them.....sorry cant remember which one its was but it was a huge file and it exactly warned about this,....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat