Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep text/phone messages separate from email

Highlighted
Journeyman

how to keep text/phone messages separate from email

I'm a new blackberry curve user.  My email is set up and reading fine but every email message goes into my "messages" box as well as my email box.  Is there any way to just have phone/text messages go into messages instead of every single thing I receive? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

what you can do is find your icon for the email you set up (my yahoo is an envelope with the purple Y icon) (or you can do this from the messages folder as well)

go into that application, click the menu button (blackberry symbol)

go down to options

go into general options

scroll down to sms and email boxes and click on that...

choose separate...it will create a new icon on your home screen that says sms and mms

that is where those messages will go.

missed calls will still go into the message folder but voice mail will go into the sms and mms folder...

hope this helps some

Message was edited by: stacyg30wi

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat