cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my blackberry curve 8530 wont turn on, just flashing red light

Highlighted
Journeyman

my blackberry curve 8530 wont turn on, just flashing red light

can anybody help me? I dont know how to fix this, if it even is fixable.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: my blackberry curve 8530 wont turn on, just flashing red light

hold the power button for 15 seconds> if that doesnt work take the batter out for 1 minute, then that will rebot you phone. it will turn on by itself so just let it sit until its finished.

Journeyman

had the same problem not once but 4 times. its something to do with the phone itself. you got to call customer service and talk to the multi device department so they can send you a new phone. there is no way to fix it your phone is fried. if you put a new battery in the phone it will over heat it and it still wont work.... believe me i tried everything when i had my problems

Journeyman

pulling the battery is a great quick fix, but mine powers down on it's own all the time. Have you reloaded the firmware? Mine worked great after the first time I did this, but after a month or so I have the same problem again. The store said to reload the SW again, but I'm pretty sure there is a problem with the 8530 in general.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat