Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

hello, wtf, upgraded the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and the keypad lock icon is gone. missing.  G_O_N_E. Really?  what genious thought that would be an improvement?   i need the simple answer to get it back now and for the next update. not next  billing cycle, but now before i spend another $1.79 for a 411 call.  what is the fix?  thanks

Message was edited by: james5833

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

I got the same thing, too. Turns out the new OS moved the unlock key to the 'mute' button located on top of your phone. It took me a while to figure it out. g/l sir

Journeyman

go to your options and go under your password you gotta set a password now too get it back for the 8530

Journeyman

thanks for the right answer,  but the icon is still a quicker move rather than the re-use of the top button. again appreciate ur reply.

Journeyman

I had the same problem - the lock is now the "A" key - you'll see a little padlock diagram on the button - push that key and the phone will lock - to unlock you need to push the mute button which is on the top of the phone.  Another button I couldn't find easily. Hope this helps.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.