Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

SOLVED
4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

I had the same problem - the lock is now the "A" key - you'll see a little padlock diagram on the button - push that key and the phone will lock - to unlock you need to push the mute button which is on the top of the phone.  Another button I couldn't find easily. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

thanks for the right answer,  but the icon is still a quicker move rather than the re-use of the top button. again appreciate ur reply.

Journeyman

go to your options and go under your password you gotta set a password now too get it back for the 8530

Journeyman

I got the same thing, too. Turns out the new OS moved the unlock key to the 'mute' button located on top of your phone. It took me a while to figure it out. g/l sir

Highlighted
Journeyman

upgraded BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and lost my keypad lock icon

hello, wtf, upgraded the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone and the keypad lock icon is gone. missing.  G_O_N_E. Really?  what genious thought that would be an improvement?   i need the simple answer to get it back now and for the next update. not next  billing cycle, but now before i spend another $1.79 for a 411 call.  what is the fix?  thanks

Message was edited by: james5833