Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using earphones with Navigator

Journeyman

using earphones with Navigator

I'm still getting to know my Curve and today I used Navigator for the first time. I was disappointed to realize that although I had it plugged in correctly

the directions came throughon "speaker phone", instead

Is that typical or is there someting wrong my mine. I certainly wouldprefer to hear the directions throughtheearphones.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I was not using BlueTooth. I was using the basic 3.5 earphones that came with my BB 8330.

Journeyman

Also Will, here in New Jersey it's illegal to use a cellphone while driving unless it's "handsfree"....so now if I want to use the Navigation while driving I have to UNplug myearphones. I rely on the voice rather than taking my eyes off the road to look at the screen. I have no idea why the sound has to go to speakerphone during Navigator use. The bluetooth explanation makes sense but I wasn't using bluetooth.

Journeyman

Although it was posted that there isnoBluetoothsupport for Sprint Nav, I have found that information to be incorrect. While your using Nav and your BT is connected, press the "Speaker phone" button ($ button). The sound will then come through your Bluetooth. But be forwarned, the issue with the delay is correct, I sometimes get a 0.5 second delay. So, you could miss some info.

Unfortunately, I just tried it and it does not work with wired headphones. When you press the "Speaker phone" button ($ button), you get the following message "To play audio through a Bluetooth headset, please ensure the headset is paired with the device and is powered on." So, looks like you're SOL with the wired headset.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat