• OS user experience improvements
    • New Hub icon
    • New display/action to answer phone calls
    • Quick preview of incoming messages when user is in an application
    • User may choose to compress image in attachments
    • Improved text selection for copy/paste
    • Enhancing grouping of contacts
    • Battery tracking - peeking now displays current charge %
    • Control over level 1 notifications per contact.          
  • Blackberry Link improvements
  • Device switch process improvements

Important Notes:

- Software version number is 10.2.1.2674

- Access the Blackberry Q10 Software Updates article in Support for install instructions

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: 4/07 - Blackberry Q10 Software Update - 10.2.1.2674

What type of upgrade is it? I have some questions:

1. Will this upgrade wipe out my device and all of my custom setup and applications?

2. Will the upgrade do an backup and then after the upgrade it restores all of my apps, settings, email configurations, etc?

Bottom line: will I lose anything?

Master

DJMOLINARI,

There is no mention online of needing to back up your data prior to the update, but be sure to carefully follow the on-screen instructions when updating just in case.

-Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What about how much FLASH space do you need? I had to uninstall about 15 applications, plus remove files from the FLASH card, the upgrade failed with a FATAL error 4 times. And it takes a very very very very long time. with my other Blackberry it was very fast...... Now it said it installed the upgrade 100% and now it is rebooting, it is taking a very very very very very very long time just to boot up.

IT JUST NOW FAILED WITH THIS MESSAGE: SOFTWARE UPDATE COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

Warnings were encountered during the loading process: The Blackberry Desktop Software cannot connect

to the device. Disconnect the device from the computer. Turn on or restart the device and connect the device

to the computer.

I say of course the upgrade does not give it enough time to boot up and it now at 62% in booting up and it now has been 21 minutes. :-(

I will do what it says, and I HOPE it did upgrade -- I will be very disappointed if I have to do it all over again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat