cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any businesses upset about the delay on this phone?

Journeyman

Any businesses upset about the delay on this phone?

As you may already know, those of us with existing Blackberry enterprise servers are entitled to FREE upgrades to the new 10.1 BES, which is a substantial savings - but there's a BIG catch - thanks to Sprint...

In order to trade up your BES licenses for free, you have to activate new blackberry 10 devices by AUGUST 31st... Obviously, Sprint has NONE currently available, and even if the rumored August 30th/31st launch date is true, this means we'd basically have to obtain all these phones and activate them one the spot with zero lead time for test and prep.

Thanks a heap Sprint for being the last carrier with the phone everyone else has had for months, and probably costing my company THOUSANDS of dollars in BES CALS I wouldn't have otherwise had to buy. Combined with the recent buyout, switching is looking  more and more tempting.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Any businesses upset about the delay on this phone?

AARONALFA,

Thank you for reaching out. Where did you find this information regarding free upgrades to the new BES? This promotion is not Sprint related. Unfortunately we have not yet released an official date for our Blackberry 10 device, but an update should be coming soon via www.sprint.com/newsroom.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Here it is: BlackBerry 10 Ready - Move To BlackBerry 10 - License Offer - US

I get that you don't want to release too many details, but I don't see the point since you've advertised it already. This phone appeals mostly to business customers who typically (like me) plan months in advance.

I think Sprint should work out a deal with RIM so those of us with enterprise servers don't miss out on these promotions unfairly. We have 18 blackberries on our server currently, so this will cost us about $2000.00 if we can't get the trade up promotion...

AARONALFA,

This sounds like a great offer for our business customers. I have begun a discussion with our marketing team to see if there is anything we can do. I will keep you posted with any updates.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat