cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Q10 update to 10.2 as of March 12

Journeyman

BB Q10 update to 10.2 as of March 12

Ok...

We all know that Blackberry released the update at the end of January to cell providers in Jan.  It's now March 12th and Sprint has not released the update yet.

What's more disturbing is that the customer care reps on here repeat the same vapid comments such as

- We release them as soon as we get them

- We have no updates
     - Thanks for the info

All of which are useless and in some cases, outright lies.

Is it that difficult or against the rules for one of you to actually do some research and contact the appropriate parties involved with the software release and tell us the reason why it hasn't been released and when it will be released?

I've been a loyal customer of your cell service for well over 12 years but this is really bothering me.  If my phone is not being utilized at it's full capacity due to Sprint not releasing software updates, then I think there should be some credits to my account.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: BB Q10 update to 10.2 as of March 12

Sounds fair to me

Journeyman

I So agree with you. I just spent 3 hrs on the phone with bb and sprint in regards to the update So I can update my app and make a payment for the app. Sprint has the update for over 2 months and again we the customers are the last to get it just like the q10. The other carriers have it for their customers but of course we are last. I have been a customer since sprint began and it means absolutely nothing to be a loyal paying customer. So sad so very sad.

Master

Mink80

Very Sorry you feel this way. We do very much value our customers. Sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. If you have any questions we are here. Let us know. We'd be happy to help.

Erica
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So after dealing with the absolutely useless Sprint Care folks on here, I contacted my local Sprint store figuring that they could give me some more information and I was right,

They couldn't give me a release date however they said the entire holdup is on Sprint and they gave me the reason why.....

Sprint wants to be able to load their apps (something type of admin hardware that allow trouble shooting from the phone and probably Vision or something else) to the 10.2.1 update and Blackberry is pushing back.

Next some Sprint Care person will come on here and cut and paste the party line about the release date.

You want to impress me?  Contact me directly and explain why you haven't released it yet and then credit my account because my phone isn't fully usable in its current state and that's unacceptable.

Master

BigJimYoung,

Thanks for posting. I'm happy we were able to help you. I would like to know what do you mean by your phone isn't fully usable in its current state.
Journeyman

Here are the major updates for 10.2.1...

Since Sprint hasn't updated my phone yet, I am unable to take advantage of these updates ergo my phone isn't fully utilizable.

Optimized battery life with new monitoring options and indicators

• BlackBerry® Priority Hub with more ways to organize and prioritize, so you can stay focused on mission critical things.
  • Call management options so you can respond on your terms, even by email/BBM/text
  • Cost management tools to manage roaming and data usage
  • Groups can be created for SMS and email for more efficient broadcast communications.
  • Lock Screen Notifications are now actionable, so you can respond to important messages more quickly or discreetly.
  • Picture Password for quick unlocking
  • Offline Browser Reading Mode lets you save the current web page for later viewing, even if you are offline.
  • FM Radio does not require any network connection so can you listen to local FM stations (BlackBerry® Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone)
Journeyman

Nice, I'm glad I don't get to use the features included in my phone. Thanks for blocking my phones full potential. You can't talk down on BlackBerry when all the features are there, but blocked by carrier because Apple told them to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pushed today...FINALLY

Master

Glad you've received the update. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you,
*Heather
Sprint Social Media Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat