cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10.3 Update

Journeyman

Blackberry 10.3 Update

When will Sprint be releasing the Blackberry 10.3 Update?

Frustrating that Sprint is always so far behind the other carriers in releasing updates.

25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: Blackberry 10.3 Update

DINKELMA -

I definitely understand your frustration about the Blackberry 10.3 update. We don't have any information at this moment as to when that update will be released. You can always visit www.sprint.com/newsroom for any information on device updates.

- Gustavo
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The last Q10 update was released by Sprint weeks before the information was posted in the newsroom or this forum. My recommendation would be to download the version that will be released on Rogers in Canada this month. That is what I will be doing. The radio software is compatible. The only thing you won't have is the Sprint specific apps.... Oh wait... There are no Sprint specific apps because they don't care about their BlackBerry customers enough to even publish the android versions to us.

Journeyman

10.3.1 hasn't even been released yet except for Classic and Passport which are unlocked. Hasn't been released yet fort the Z3, Z10 Z30 Q5 and Q10. Only thing out there are leaks.

Journeyman

Correct, but Sprint could have said something useful like: "We aren't releasing a 10.3 update for the Q10. The next release will be 10.3.1. It is in internal testing now and we will let you know as soon as we have a release date."

Instead we get "check the newsroom" . That has been copied and pasted by Sprint reps in here so many times that it is ridiculous. If they don't have anything useful to say, they need to just leave this forum for the community to use.

Journeyman

Agreed.  Not sure why Sprint pays someone to copy/paste "check the newsroom".

Ridiculous to see other carriers using release 10.3 while Sprint users are stuck on an outdated version.  I guess we get what we pay for....I have a cheap plan.

Journeyman

Keep in mind as KG4ICG1 mentioned, there is no 10.3 for the Q10 on any carrier. 10.2.1 is currently the latest available officially for that device. Guessing we are a week or two out from any official carrier release.

Journeyman

THANKS!  That makes more sense.  I thought he meant just for Sprint users.  I must have been reading about people with leaked versions then.

See Sprint Social Care - A response like that would have been very helpful.  Put Grim & KG4 on the payroll!

Journeyman

10.3.1 for all BB10 devices was officially released by BB on February 19. Let's see how long Sprint takes to reléase it. Any guesses?  

Journeyman

Since I would say Sprint has got the update yesterday too, Give them some time to test it. No one in the US with the Z10, Z30, Q5, Q10 have got it yet either.

Journeyman

Sprint and all the other carriers have had access to the 1581 build (Software 10.3.1.2267) for at least a few weeks if not a month or more. Don't give them too much sympathy.

As for the software itself, I can say it appears to work great on a Sprint branded Q10. A very worthy update. If you have to ask how to install it, you probably should not attempt it and should wait on Sprint to deploy. I don't think it is appropriate to dig into how to circumvent Sprint on their own forum or cause them support woes, so please don't ask.

Journeyman

As usual the galaxy s6 will come out first before the update for q10  i will unlock my phone anyway and goto Tmobile they care for their customers. Sprint I is. Now last they will have the classic before sprint

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat