cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Q10 unlocked?

Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Q10 unlocked?

I have been working with sprint for over a month trying to unlock my Q10. The 90 day wait was waived because I've been with Sprint for longer than I care to remember. The unlock has NOT been successful despite many, many, many attempts including a complete wipe and reload. The Sprint folks keep saying 'everything looks good on their end' and that my phone is unlocked but two trips overseas have proved to me that this is NOT the case and I haven't been able to get any help to resolve this despite multiple escalations. In my frustration, I was even ready to pay a 3rd party sim unlock company to do this because I was stuck overseas with no phone but when I entered the network and my IMEI, I got a message stating that the phone I have cannot be unlocked for use on another GSM carrier which is not what sprint advertised. I don't believe these guys know anything about this phone and clearly they haven't a clue about how to address it.

Please let me know if you or anyone has had any luck unlocking their Sprint Q10.

Journeyman

I had a similar issue with my Q10 as well! Sprint has been at it for over 3 months trying to unlock this phone. I was guaranteed that it has been unlocked and that everything looked successful from their end. I placed one of my functioning international SIM card in while in the US and it did not work. I called them back and their excuse was that it did not work because I was still in the US. I found that hard to believe but took their "uninformed and unreliable" word for it! I arrived in London on thanksgiving day, 2013, got a Lyca Mobile SIM card and of course it did not work with the Q10. Fortunately, I had my unlocked AT&T GS3 with me (have a business account with ATT also) and the SIM worked just fine! I proceeded to Africa the next day, got another SIM there, tried it with sprint Q10, NOPE, no luck, it did not work! Whatever sprint did was a bunch of rubbish, luckily I had my AT&T phone to come to my rescue.

When I got back, I had to call them and had the case escalated as high up as I could get it, and the solution was to send me a replacement phone perhaps something might be wrong with my original Q10. I called to request an Unlock on the replacement Q10 and got an email 24-48hrs later that the device unlock was successful! Yeah right! I tried my SIM cards again and they did not work. I called and the rep tried to tell me that "its because i was still in the US" again, and at the point, I laid down my past experience and frustration just to let her know that she is just inexperienced about what she is talking about, when she realized that I've been dealing with unlocking my previous devices for travel purposes for several years without any problem, she said that she did not know what else to tell me and would have to transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor came back and got all defensive and pretty much repeated same useless information, at that point i made my conclusion that "I WILL BE SWITCHING TO ANOTHER DEVICE ASAP FOR NOW BECAUSE SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO UNLOCK A BLACKBERRY Q10"!!!!! AND THE SEARCH IS ON FOR WHICH CARRIER WOULD BETTER SERVE MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT. I THINK ITS TIME TO PUT AN END TO MY 10 YRS ROCKY RELATIONSHIP WITH SPRINT. This level of incompetence is just unacceptable!

Master

TIRED-OF-SPRINT,

Thanks for the post. Im very sorry to hear you're having all these issues with this. Have you spoken to our Sprint World Wide Dept? They are the team that is able to unlock devices for international usage. This is the only team that can access the unlock code. Check the link I am providing to help your situation if you have not done this before. www.sprint.com/international .

Victor
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

@ TIRED-OF-SPRINT,

Unfortunately, you already took the best username available. This is my 14th year with Sprint and I'm just about done myself.

My latest update is that FOUR months after I put in my original request the issue is still NOT resolved. They also sent me a replacement Q10 and that didn't work either. The last time I got on the phone, I called from outside the country so they wouldn't give me the runaround about being in the US. After being on the phone for an hour and pulling in Blackberry on a three way call, the folks at Blackberry confirmed that the SQN100-4 Q10 variant that Sprint has CANNOT be unlocked. It's that simple and that fact has been blatantly obvious to me. Despite that confirmation from Blackberry, I'm still getting the runaround and I keep hearing the famous, 'It looks good on our end, we've unlocked this phone for other customers' etc.

The last email I sent advising them that my phone still isn't working was not even answered.

I have been outside the country for the past two months and had to purchase another phone since my Q10 didn't work with a local carrier. At this point, there is ZERO benefit in maintaining this relationship so I'm with you. If I can't get a replacement phone that can be unlocked AND verified before I leave for overseas in the next week, I will have to go with another provider because this is quite ridiculous!

@Victor/Social Sprint Care, I have spoken to EVERYBODY there is to talk to many times to no avail.

Journeyman

I have been trying to unlock my Sprint Blackberry Q10 for over a month now, and have talked to everyone I care to talk to at Sprint.

I travel a lot.  If I knew the Sprint Q10 was not unlockable,  I would not have purchased it.  To be fair, even Sprint aren't smart enough to know that they can't unlock their own phone.

Here's the summary:  SPRINT HAS NO IDEA HOW TO UNLOCK THE Q10.

This pisses me off, especially because they modified the firmware in such a way that unlock codes won't work.  So one part of the company is telling me "Oh sure, it's unlocked, everything looks fine at my end", and another part of the company purposely screwed with the firmware to prevent unlocking.

Just treat this phone as unlockable, I sincerely doubt Sprint has any intention of fixing this problem they created for their customers

At least T-Mobile is willing to help pay my way out of this 2 year contract with Sprint.

Journeyman

Thanks for this. I will try to see if I can get them to get me another phone. If that doesn't work, I might need your tmobile contact.

Master

NaijaMann,

Thank you for getting back to us. We would hate to see you leave. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Reekarver,

Thank you for the post. I apologize for the inconvenience. Here is alink that you can follow to unlock your phone http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html.

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Jen --

Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, no one at Sprint knows how to unlock this phone (please read the thread above). 

Here is what I would love to see happen in this case:

1. Please, Sprint, figure out how to unlock the Blackberry Q10.  I have not encountered anyone (in person or on line) that has an unlocked Sprint Q10.  I *have* encountered several people that were *told* their Q10 was unlocked by Sprint, but none of them were able to use a GSM SIM card in another country (or any non-Sprint SIM card).

2. Since I think (1) above is impossible, let me exchange my Firmly locked Q10 with a truly international phone.  I don't want to pay retail for the phone, I'd like an even trade.  This way I can continue to use Sprint and travel internationally without a separate phone.

Thanks,

R.

Journeyman

The fact that Sprint has modified the software on this phone is insane, and quite honestly should be illegal. First then delay, then the price, lack of band 800 SMR support, visual voice mail, and now this. To all the Sprint reps, I'd suggest you get this issue to your higher ups. If the 10.2 update isn't released with properly working Visual Voice Mail, AND a way to properly unlock this phone, many of us will probably be leaving. Best part is, we can do it whenever we feel like now thanks to T-Mobile . Chop chop, I suggest you get to work... The competition is calling, and it has a very enticing offer...

Master

Reekarver,

Please allow us to take a deeper look into this for you.  Can you please PM us with your Phone Number and PIN so we can get started?  Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I also would like to unlock my Q10. If someone could point me in the right direction... it seems unlikely this is possible.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat