cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Names Not Appearing In Text Msgs After 10.2 Update?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Contact Names Not Appearing In Text Msgs After 10.2 Update?

I have just updated to 10.2 and I have to say that everything went very smoothly. However, the only thing I noticed is that all of my SMS messages no longer contain the appropriate contact names, instead their numbers are listed and I don't remember who some of the people are!

These numbers are stored in my contacts list and they appear there just fine, so why would the SMS messages not carry over the appropriate contact names in the Text Messages section?

Did anyone else have this issue? Is there are resolution to this besides wiping out the SMS message and starting over with a new text message? (I would prefer not to delete some old texts that I have saved...)

THANK YOU!

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Contact Names Not Appearing In Text Msgs After 10.2 Update?

SRIT

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'd like you to test something for me. Can you try deleting a contact, then re adding it and sending a text? Can you let us know if that seems to fix the problem? keep us updated.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes that works. But is completely unnecessary as I am not going thru my entire contact list to delete someone only to be able to see their names in a text message.

I found that when I deleted the previous messages from before the 10.2 update, THEN tried to send a new text message it showed the name properly.

I am just trying to wonder why it didn't display the names after it installed the 10.2 update. I was wondering maybe there is a setting to 'resync' the names when they populate in the Text Message section?

Journeyman

Update: Believe it or not the names populated back on its own. I guess I just needed to let it sync (took about 2~ hours or so) - there was nothing else I needed to do (delete texts, or readd contacts, etc.)

Maybe because I had a lot of text messages!

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

Master

SRIT,

That's so great to hear! Let us know if we can help with anything else in the future.

Stephanie P
Social care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat