cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Journeyman

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Well behold I was connected to an individual via Sprint Tech Support that was so helpful .....30 min phone call helpful....

I inquired about the 10.2 OS update that all us Blackberry Q10 owners have been screaming about since the end of Feb.

Well he was so helpful he put me on hold and spoke to Software Support Dept for Sprint, it was worth the hold time.

Ok here goes....the delay has been caused by glitches to the OS update ...the delay/glitches for over the air update or via usb to pc to receive the update is why.....Sprint Software Support has had problems with enabling the over the air update due to not enough band-width due to how big the 10.2 update is.

March 8 they are going to first release to the West Coast or East Coast then a "full release" on March 11-13

The rep informed me as well PLEASE TAKE NOTE......with any OS update that has several changes that will change your device there is a 98% chance that the new OS 10.2 update will erase/wipe your phone so be sure to sync contacts, etc prior to installing the update.

I thank you so much to gentleman that was so helpful, patient, and courteous with Sprint Tech Support that helped me.

I hope this helps all the Q10 owners out in the Sprint Community, no need for Sprint Customer Care to post anything on this thread as they have been irrelevant in every reply to questions and  to re-direct us to the same non-helpful link newsroom.sprint.com

If someone in Customer Care would do the leg work myself and the tech support guy did you would not have so many pissed off customers!

55 REPLIES 55
Journeyman

Re: I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Q10 owners please reply on this post to keep it alive for others wanting information,,,,sprint customer care need NOT!

Journeyman

Thank you very much Floridabird, i really do appreciate the info. 

Journeyman

Good job floridabird.  Glad to hear something concrete on this issue. I don't understand why BB just didn't make the upgrade available from their site.

Journeyman

Good work floridabird. You have been more effective in your 30 minutes of searching than the ENTIRE sprint care team. Not only are they professionals at noncommittal verbiage bullshit, they're also completely incompetent at providing even a morsel of useful information. If only they knew...

I hope that you're right and that we'll all hopefully have the update by then. Crossing my fingers

Journeyman

Thanks floridabird. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll believe they will send out the update when I actually see it. Remember..Blackberry's aren't iPhones….

Journeyman

Thanks floridabird, I was just asking about this update yesterday! Glad to here something informative.

I was thinking of going back to my iPhone until they roll out this out.

Master

floridabird,

Thank you for the feedback.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hope you're right!

Journeyman

Sounds fishy that they don't have enough bandwidth for what, the 10 BlackBerry owners out there.

Master

markopop,

I do apologize for that.

We do work closely with device manufacturers to bring you the best device portfolio in the industry!

We haven't heard anything yet, if there was more information available we would definitely let you know.

newsroom.sprint.com and blackberry.com are you best points of reference.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

PHOTO_GRAPHY,

I apologize you feel this way.

We don't want to make any of our customers upset or feel that we aren't being helpful to the best of our abilites.

We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for your input, time and valued business with us.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat