Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Journeyman

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Well behold I was connected to an individual via Sprint Tech Support that was so helpful .....30 min phone call helpful....

I inquired about the 10.2 OS update that all us Blackberry Q10 owners have been screaming about since the end of Feb.

Well he was so helpful he put me on hold and spoke to Software Support Dept for Sprint, it was worth the hold time.

Ok here goes....the delay has been caused by glitches to the OS update ...the delay/glitches for over the air update or via usb to pc to receive the update is why.....Sprint Software Support has had problems with enabling the over the air update due to not enough band-width due to how big the 10.2 update is.

March 8 they are going to first release to the West Coast or East Coast then a "full release" on March 11-13

The rep informed me as well PLEASE TAKE NOTE......with any OS update that has several changes that will change your device there is a 98% chance that the new OS 10.2 update will erase/wipe your phone so be sure to sync contacts, etc prior to installing the update.

I thank you so much to gentleman that was so helpful, patient, and courteous with Sprint Tech Support that helped me.

I hope this helps all the Q10 owners out in the Sprint Community, no need for Sprint Customer Care to post anything on this thread as they have been irrelevant in every reply to questions and  to re-direct us to the same non-helpful link newsroom.sprint.com

If someone in Customer Care would do the leg work myself and the tech support guy did you would not have so many pissed off customers!

55 REPLIES 55
Master

alloyboy,

We are all waiting here!

Some of us still do utilize the Blackberry platform.

And really like it. So trust we understand where your coming from.

Just hold on, I'm sure something coming.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

dlat88,

Thanks for posting as well.

iPhone is a very good OS. Very user friendly.
Also, very good for text and e-mail's too.

You can swap and activate phones on your account anytime > www.sprint.com/activate.

If you need anything else, any help at all we are all here for you!

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Giorgios,

Thank you so much for posting with us today.

Only time will tell, we shall see.

If you need anything, let us know!

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

IMG_20140306_170604.png IMG_20140306_170415.png IMG_20140306_203256.png

I was able to use the instructions to install the update with no issues.

Pretty straight forward and the the process took less than an hour! I have been using Amazon's Appstore and Androids APK Installer to download

tons of android apps with ease! I'm sure Sprint will roll this out but hey If your feeling adventures go for it.

Onward Journey -Exploring Various Topics.: BB 10.2.Update

Journeyman

Well-here it is Mar 8th. I'm not on the east or west cost-but has anyone heard if this alleged 10.2.1 "rollout" has occurred? Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks again SprintCare.

Blackberry phones are the mutts of the Sprint Company..pure and simple…….

Master

alloyboy:

You may be able to download the update directly from BlackBerry's website. Please follow this link:

http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os.html?IID=us:bb:desktop:BB-Q10-overviewpage:Feb2014:banner:learn-more

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Nope, cant download it yet. Still waiting & since i'm waiting and everyone's had a chance to let out their frustrations but me. I'm going to take this time to vent. I have been shafted one too many times by sprint. Yes, they helped me when sandy took my job away for a couple months but whether late or on time i still made my payments. Now I've wanted the Z10 at first. I waited and waited and nothing came out. So I settled for a phone that i really didn't want in the first place. Now that i'm locked back into this contract you (sprint) can at least do right by your customers by keeping all of your customers in mind when doing things. I know your blackberry customer base is low but if anything you should treat us better. Droid rolls out with updates when they should why can't we. all in all i'm done settling. I'm going to buy my way out of my contract and go with a company that will treat all of their customers the way they should be treated. like human beings and not a number... HA HA HA get it? A number? A telephone number...

Journeyman

Cmon Jon. You and I know you can't download anything from Blackberrys site. Be real. It has to be released by Sprint, OTA. We are all tired of waiting for an answer. WHEN will Sprint release the 10.2.1 OS?? It's a simple question. You guys must have a good laugh after you reply "go to this link on Blackberry" or "stay tuned to the Sprint newsroom for more information and release date". You can find out the release date, ask your higher-ups. This mutt may just have to take his 4 lines over to Big Red………….tired of waiting...

Journeyman

dlat88. Do you know if I could download the update from that link using a Mac OS X 10.7.5? I've had trouble with the leaked 10.2.1 versions on the crackberry website. It's a lot of trouble to download on the OS X.

Thanks

Journeyman

Go to both links below to download Sachesi extractor for the Mac.

http://http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/sachesi-firmware-extractor-searcher-ins...

Follow the instructions below to download the update, about 1.13 GB

http://blackberryempire.com/get-latest-blackberry-10.2-os/

Make sure to use the Chrome browser.

Should work just fine!

Journeyman

Some users did say they had issues on the Mac. I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7 but I actually used boot camp

with Windows7 to perform the install. After that I use the Mac version of Blackberry Link when syncing or backing up.

If you have access to a Win7 machine, the process may go a lot smoother if all else fails.

Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Thanks a million! I appreciate all the info. I'll give it a go...

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat