Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Journeyman

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Well behold I was connected to an individual via Sprint Tech Support that was so helpful .....30 min phone call helpful....

I inquired about the 10.2 OS update that all us Blackberry Q10 owners have been screaming about since the end of Feb.

Well he was so helpful he put me on hold and spoke to Software Support Dept for Sprint, it was worth the hold time.

Ok here goes....the delay has been caused by glitches to the OS update ...the delay/glitches for over the air update or via usb to pc to receive the update is why.....Sprint Software Support has had problems with enabling the over the air update due to not enough band-width due to how big the 10.2 update is.

March 8 they are going to first release to the West Coast or East Coast then a "full release" on March 11-13

The rep informed me as well PLEASE TAKE NOTE......with any OS update that has several changes that will change your device there is a 98% chance that the new OS 10.2 update will erase/wipe your phone so be sure to sync contacts, etc prior to installing the update.

I thank you so much to gentleman that was so helpful, patient, and courteous with Sprint Tech Support that helped me.

I hope this helps all the Q10 owners out in the Sprint Community, no need for Sprint Customer Care to post anything on this thread as they have been irrelevant in every reply to questions and  to re-direct us to the same non-helpful link newsroom.sprint.com

If someone in Customer Care would do the leg work myself and the tech support guy did you would not have so many pissed off customers!

55 REPLIES 55
Master

dlat88,

Thanks for helping our other community forum members.

We really appreciate your input, time and valued business with us.

If you have any questions, we are here for you!

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

Timothy221,

We do care about our customers and to us you are more than just your telephone number.  This is in no way a reflection of how we feel about our customers.  These updates do come from the manufacturer and we do release them once they are sent to us. At this time we just don't have any information regarding this update but as soon as we do it will be posted via Sprint.com.

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Shut up.

Master

Dear dlat88,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and information.

Thanks

Angel

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

If you release it when sent to you, then we would of had it Jan 28th

Journeyman

Ok...

We all know that Blackberry released the update at the end of January to cell providers in Jan.  It's now March 12th and Sprint has not released the update yet.

What's more disturbing is that the customer care reps on here repeat the same vapid comments such as

- We release them as soon as we get them

- We have no updates
     - Thanks for the info

All of which are useless and in some cases, outright lies.

Is it that difficult or against the rules for one of you to actually do some research and contact the appropriate parties involved with the software release and tell us the reason why it hasn't been released and when it will be released?

I've been a loyal customer of your cell service for well over 12 years but this is really bothering me.  If my phone is not being utilized at it's full capacity due to Sprint not releasing software updates, then I think there should be some credits to my account.

Thank you

Master

BigJimYoung,

We understand your concerns and appreciate your feedback. I assure you that you know everything we do in regards to this update. Once it becomes available it will be pushed in waves from the manufacturer. The updates are pushed in waves to help avoid capacity issues with the update. If you would like to keep up to date with Sprint news, please visit: www.Sprint.com/Newsroom

Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

Giorgios,

Once again, we do apologize if you are upset.

At this time we cannot speculate if your device will be upgraded to that version.

However, when there is a new update your phone will notify you.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

You've just proved my point.

BB has released it to Sprint now we're waiting for Sprint to release it to the customer.

Why is there a disconnect between the customer support reps and the software development department?

One would think by now you would have an exact answer as to why it's not being pushed by sprint or a timeframe to be pushed.

Master

BigJimYoung,

Thanks for posting your comment. With any equipment software updates, once it is made available for release, we will make that announcement to our customers along with a time frame for the roll out of the update.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well floridabird-it's 3/14/14 and it looks like you've been lied to. Just like the rest of us by Sprint and Sprintcare. I read earlier that T-Mobile released 10.2.1 today. Are you sure Sprint didn't mean it was T-Mobile this week?? Once again, Sprint is the last carrier to release anything BlackBerry. Most stores don't even carry BB devices. Sad, all we're left with is……………..crickets. Chirp chirp

Journeyman

when is the official release now?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat