Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Journeyman

I have info for the Blackberry Q10 update 10.2 OS !!

Well behold I was connected to an individual via Sprint Tech Support that was so helpful .....30 min phone call helpful....

I inquired about the 10.2 OS update that all us Blackberry Q10 owners have been screaming about since the end of Feb.

Well he was so helpful he put me on hold and spoke to Software Support Dept for Sprint, it was worth the hold time.

Ok here goes....the delay has been caused by glitches to the OS update ...the delay/glitches for over the air update or via usb to pc to receive the update is why.....Sprint Software Support has had problems with enabling the over the air update due to not enough band-width due to how big the 10.2 update is.

March 8 they are going to first release to the West Coast or East Coast then a "full release" on March 11-13

The rep informed me as well PLEASE TAKE NOTE......with any OS update that has several changes that will change your device there is a 98% chance that the new OS 10.2 update will erase/wipe your phone so be sure to sync contacts, etc prior to installing the update.

I thank you so much to gentleman that was so helpful, patient, and courteous with Sprint Tech Support that helped me.

I hope this helps all the Q10 owners out in the Sprint Community, no need for Sprint Customer Care to post anything on this thread as they have been irrelevant in every reply to questions and  to re-direct us to the same non-helpful link newsroom.sprint.com

If someone in Customer Care would do the leg work myself and the tech support guy did you would not have so many pissed off customers!

55 REPLIES 55
Journeyman

What's really bad on my end is that two of my clients are AT&T managers locally who are always after me switching my business  -- 15 years with Nextel and then Sprint with 4 lines.....

And now they send little messages daily asking "well" as they know my frustrations with my Q10 while traveling outside Oklahoma City  (continuous signal searching and switching between 3G/4G/1X until it drains the battery) and the fact that this software upgrade is a lot like President Obama -- sure you can keep your old insurance plan....<sigh>

If they had any marketing sense, they would have said "May 1, 2014" is their expected roll-out date because of modifications, etc and then actually roll it out say April 10, 2014 and we would all have been satisfied knowing they beat their deadline.    This process of "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow" and blaming it all on RIM just doesn't seem to befit an public company concerned about it's image and support of its client base.....

And saying "they don't know" when RIM is making press releases like the following, well:

We’ve been given a few tentative dates for U.S. carrier 10.2.1 releases, but keep in mind these are subject to change. The keyword here is “tentative,” but for now, they seem pretty solid to us.

Verizon Z10: Starting tomorrow, January 28th, 2014
Verizon Q10: Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Verizon Z30: Monday, February 10th, 2014
AT&T Z10 & Q10: Monday, February 10th, 2014
T-Mobile Z10 & Q10: Mid-February (anywhere from Feb 10th to Feb 20th)
Sprint Q10: End of February

Master

Okcnhrastigler

Thanks for posting and I don't want to lose your business after 15 + years. Software upgrades are a partnership between the manufacturer and the carrier, but it is ultimately the manufacturer that decides when and or if the upgrade will happen. Unfortunately, that information is often not disclosed to the us prior to a release. You can visit https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/blackberry for information about software updates. You can also visit www/sprint.com/newsroom.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sean --- I understand you just don't have enough information given to you but understand my comments and that I'm not just griping about nothing:

-- Trip two weeks ago up I-35 through Oklahoma / Kansas and back over to Lincoln Nebraska --- traveling major interstates and not in the boonies....

-- Three phones in the car -- BB Q10 with Sprint, Iphone5 with Sprint and BB Q10 with AT&T

-- My phone that normally lasts all day on a charge was dead 2 hours out on the road --- flopping with signals and trying to connect

-- Other two phones had zero problems including the Iphone with Sprint-- ran 3/4G most all the way on I35

-- The other was with AT&T and running 10.2 software upgrade -- no problem up I35 and over to Lincoln

Seems pretty obvious that the LTE signal is working for Sprint and AT&T up I-35 at 3/4G levels......

And my phone is confused once I've left the OKC metropolitan area --- even did a battery pull in Witchita to reset it and update tower info --- but didn't help.

Only conclusion that seems to make sense is software --- or a defective phone --- and since the phone is golden in Oklahoma City, leads me back to software.....

Just my two cents......from the real world......and not a memo in the support systems at Sprint...

Journeyman

bb2.jpg

Journeyman

My Q10 has the same issue!  I am really frustrated as I have called and been into the Sprint store multiple times and am told - sorry, must just be a network issue.  Nope.  My phone shows 3G and usually at least three bars, but once I leave my metro area, I have no connection.  This is extremely frustrating.  My husband's phone, also on sprint, will maintain connection, but mine is unusable - this is particularly frustrating as I travel a lot for work, including a lot of driving using my phone GPS and ever since December when I leave my city, the GPS goes out within 10 miles from the city center.  This is unacceptable.  I continue to get no answers.  I came on this forum today because I have been thinking OS 10.2 may help - especially with some other usability issues with the phone - but it seems that is very slow in coming.  We are contemplating a switch.

Master

EMDAVIS07,

We don't want you to feel this way and we surely don't want you to leave. Blackberry will be releasing it soon. They will push it over the air in waves. We know it will be coming soon. Keep updated on sprint.com/newsroom or Blackberry.com. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
April
Journeyman

Ok...

If your statement "Software upgrades are a partnership between the manufacturer and the carrier, but it is ultimately the manufacturer that decides when and or if the upgrade will happen" is true then what I stated earlier has to be correct.

It is a known fact that BB released the update to carriers back in Jan for testing etc so if BB hasn't released the update to Sprint phone, then sprint must be the hold up. I'm sure that it's because they want to add Sprint bloatware and BB is pushing back or the bloatware is causing issues with the update.

My question then is, why is there such a disconnect in the different areas of Sprint?  How come none of you have actually bothered to work through and talk to the software or update folks and provide a real answer?

Journeyman

If it is up to manufacturer, I would be pissed that they got it ready for the whole world and not give it to you. Why do you lie?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat