cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blackberry Q10 worth the buy? From the ones that have bought it, what do you think?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Is Blackberry Q10 worth the buy? From the ones that have bought it, what do you think?

My upgrade is coming and I am really interested in Blackberry Q10, to the community that has bought it, do you recommend?  I am a huge blackberry fan but with everything you hear and seeing that sprint only sent 1 BB to one of the local sprint stores it leaves you thinking.....  I left my Old blackberry 2 years ago because of Direct Connect / Nextel, and have missed my blackberry ever since.  Is it worth to upgrade to this phone?  What do current BB purchaser think?

32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: Is Blackberry Q10 worth the buy? From the ones that have bought it, what do you think?

It's an amazing device with an amazing keyboard. If bottom line you need the best communication device, this is it. Just make sure the apps you want are available, otherwise you may be disappointed. I love my Q10, and I chose it for the amazing hub and keyboard, along with the reliability that my BB devices have given over the years. As long as the apps you need are available, or you don't mind sideloading, I'd say go for it. The best way to experience it and decide for yourself is to use it, if you don't like it just return it in 14 days from your purchase date. What device are you currently coming from?

Journeyman

Re: Is Blackberry Q10 worth the buy? From the ones that have bought it, what do you think?

i have the worst phone ever motorola admiral  i only got this phone ecause ofnextel disappearin and ad to leave  my blackberry to this so called smart phonewith direct connect...  i do want it but it worries me that people  j brag about going bankrupt and staying without blackberry support. bad spelling due to this phones keyoard....

Journeyman

That's funny, just a few hours ago I was thinking of all the crappy BB like phones Motorola had made. I wouldn't worry about BB going bankrupt, considering A. People have been saying it for years B. They're being taken private. Even if they did as far as "support" I doubt Motorola has given you much on that Admiral. Probably one software update, that was already outdated by the time it was released. Running on crappy hardware, that made it an incompetent device. Just like every other BB copy Motorola have tried to make. The only one that was halfway decent was the Moto Q from years back. I'd just go for the Q10 if I were you, try it and use it like you need to, and in 14 days if you don't like it return it. Even if you do like it, return it and buy from Amazon, It's only $150 for existing customers from them vs $199 from Sprint.

Highlighted

Gomezito

Thanks for your Post on Sprint Community. I can give you specs on the device if you'd like. I have seen & used the device, and thus far it seems awesome. And far more superior than in the past. Still having the swappable micro sd card slot, the Blackberry Q10 also has a dual core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm processor. The camera is Awesome 8 megapixel rear facing camera and 2 MP front facing camera. It also runs on  CDMA, GSM, LTE, and UMTS networks. The list goes on. If you have any questions for us let us know. We'd love to help.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

As far as service goes I am getting service in places with my Q10 that I have not gotten with my android in years. As far as The Blackberry World Compared  To Google Play I do like the Google Play better. I have had the Q10 for about 3 weeks now and I must say if you are looking for better service I suggest you try it. (my previous phone was a Galaxy S3)

Hope this helps you with your decision

Journeyman

I really want to get this phone . Have a question though. When I checked on upgrade indicates I have to change plan. If I return in 14 days willing revert back to old plan or have to keep the new plan? Thanks for any info in advance.

Journeyman

What plan do you have now? If it's the Everything Data BlackBerry plan, you should be able to call in to *2 for activation and have them switch you until the 11th of the month. The reason is that the Everything Data billing codes will expire on the 11th, meaning they're no longer available because of the new plans. New BB10 devices don't need BIS and thus use a generic "Everything Data" plan just like iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. However if you do that you won't be able to switch back after the 11th as the billing codes won't exist. Don't let this deter you from getting the Q10 because you want to keep your plan. If you don't switch from the "Everything Data BlackBerry" that contains the BIS addon before the 11th, you'll need to change plans when you upgrade regardless of what you get. Basically upgrade to the Q10, even if you don't keep it, you're going to have to change plans eventually.

Journeyman

Really? I didn't know that. So with this change on the 11th I will have to choose a higher cost plan anyway? Well it appears now is the time to try the Q10 and see if I get better reception. Forgot I have the. Everything Data 450 plan.

Message was edited by: scottie20

Journeyman

Ok, so if you have a BlackBerry now, here's what will happen. While the "Everything Data" and "Everything Data BlackBerry" are the same plans to the consumer as far as feature and price, in the background to Sprint they're different. They've got different billing codes, because the BB version has to have the BIS addon. If you call in to activate the phone before the 11th, they'll be able to switch you to the generic Everything Data. That plan will be exactly the same and it'll work with any new phone you upgrade to in the future (as long as Sprint supports it). If you don't have a BlackBerry now, then you're already on the generic Everything Data, and don't need to worry. If you decide to wait, and upgrade after the 11th you'll be moved to either "My Way" or "My All In", It'll be your choice on which you move to. The My Way plan, is $80 a month and includes Unlimited talk, text, and data, guaranteed for life. The My All In is the same just with a 5GB hotspot/tethering allowance for $110 a month. So My Way would be basically the same as Everything Data, just with Unlimited talk. However, if you get a corporate discount off your plan, it will be less on My Way, because it's only being discounted from the data portion. You also have a lower roaming limit on My Way, so unless you need Unlimited minutes to talk to landlines stick with Everything Data. I hope this helps!

Journeyman

I have the 9930 and currently pay $ 69.00 for the base plan.$10 for the data add on and $8.00 insurance. When taxes are added final bill is $95.00.  Not happy as my telephone service is horrible even with an Airwave. Now it appears I'll be paying even more based on the figures you quoted. This is really not a good look.

I rarely ever come close to going over my talk minutes, nor do I text that often(usually under 20 per month and use under 2 gig for Internet so I'm really not wanting to pay anymore. What do you suggest?

Journeyman

I pay exactly the same as you. However, you won't pay anymore with the new plans. The My Way plan is $80, your Everything Data with the $10 smart phone add on is $79.99. They're only a cent off. How is your service horrible? Data speeds? Or signal strength and call quality? I'd give the Q10 a shot and see if it helps first. Another thing is with Network Vision Sprint is deploying 800MHz Voice, what this means is that the signal with travel further and better into buildings and expand coverage in fringe areas. I have no idea if it has been deployed in your area yet, but it may help with your service issues if they pertain to signal strength. Unfortunately, the Q10 isn't capable of using the 800MHz band. So here's what I'd do if I were you, buy the Q10, see how your service is. If your service is still poor switch to an Android device (something recent so it's 800MHz capable) and see if that helps. If it doesn't make a difference then 800MHz probably isn't deployed yet. From there it's your decision if you want to stay or switch carriers. If you switch and don't do much traveling and they have good coverage in your area, I'd take a look at T-Mobile. If you travel or T-Mobile doesn't have good service in your area, I'd say try AT&T. While I don't like AT&T & VZW (Verizon Wireless), AT&T is the lesser of two evils, with better plan options.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat