cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Q10 Mobile Hotspot

Journeyman

Issue with Q10 Mobile Hotspot

Hi,

I recently added a 2gb mobile hotspot to my Q10's unlimited (talk, text, data) framily plan. It works well.. for the most part. The problem is, about an hour or two into using the hotspot, the Q10 partially drops data. Devices connected to the phone's hotspot can still access the internet through the hotspot- but the phone can't use its own internet connection.  This has been a consistent, recurring issue. In addition to a handful of other times when it has randomly dropped data completely.

To get this issue to (temporarily) go away, I have to restart the phone. Turning the cellular and data connection off and on does not work. Has anyone else encountered an issue similar to this? Is there any indication of whether this could be a fault with the individual phone? Or is it on BlackBerry or Sprint's end?

A little background on my phone.. This is not the original, new phone that I got when I joined Sprint several months ago. I accidentally broke the screen of that Q10. I had Total Equipment Protection insurance on my phone. However, the "refurbrished" replacement I received (and the replacement after that) had faulty antennas and could not pick up and hold a data signal. So now I have a Q10 that mostly works as it should.

Thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Issue with Q10 Mobile Hotspot

BB10Fan - I'd like to help. Let's update the profile on the device, click this link for more information http://bit.ly/W3YE97 - Nia Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated the profile as directed and the problem happened again. Next step?

Thanks,

Mark

Master

BB10Fan,

We understand how important it is for you to have your issue resolved. We are here to help. Please access http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and follow the instructions in the link. We would like to see what other information we can provide to you.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat