Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Visual Voicemail...

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No Visual Voicemail...

Can we get a rep to answer why there is no Visual Voicemail on the Q10? The more and more I look into this device the more it looks like a total rush job. No custom packaging, no 800 SMR 1XAdvanced support, no Sprint apps, and now no VVM. Really Sprint?

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Re: No Visual Voicemail...

I agree with the Virtual Voicemail and being HIGHLY disappointed about it. Every other phone/carrier basically has this feature these days - Time to step up

Journeyman

I am just finding out about this and this is really weak.  Totally disappointed.

Journeyman

Well, currently I'm talking to someone from the @SprintCare twitter account on this. Hopefully they'll be able to give me some answers in regards to all this. I'll post on here the second I hear anything.

Journeyman

Did you hear anything about visual voice mail?  This should be standard on all phones - especially the new Blackberry Q10

Journeyman

Nope, not yet. Like I said, the second I hear anything I'll post here.

Journeyman

I called tech support at Sprint.  Nice and good help.  They can't believe it is not included and their instructions show that is should be included as part of the system settings menu. It should be an icon and tab in the phone menu too.  Sent me to Blackberry tech support.  Blackberry did not quite understand and sent me back to tech support at Sprint.  After talking to both sides, it seems to me the OS software from Blackberry that was included with the Sprint Q10 phone is missing Visual Voicemail.  The Sprint tech support reps understand this needs to be resolved and sent the issue up to their supervisors. Not sure who dropped the ball here but Sprint and Blackberry should get this updated quickly and send out an OS update or they will most likely start losing their new Q10 customers.

Journeyman

Yeah, that just confirms the rush job. No 800SMR support, total lack of Sprint specific apps, this phone was pushed out by Sprint and BB at the last possible second with the bare minimum functionality.

Journeyman

You would think they would have the most complete initial set up on this phone being one of the last carriers to introduce it and all the bugs would have been discovered with Verizon.  Too bad.  I hope they get it resolved as soon as possible.  I may have to return it and switch back to my iPhone and wait. Are there others out there with similar thoughts?

Journeyman

I'm gonna stick it out with mine. I need my physical keyboard, and I don't really have any other option in that department. At least all the waiting meant we started out with 10.1 loaded on the phone.

Journeyman

Good point.  I may stick with it too if there is an update coming soon.  I appreciate your good input.  I hope you can get their attention so they can make your suggested improvements.

Journeyman

Hopefully, it has to come at some point. If it doesn't it'll be pretty hard for them to sell it in stores. Just imagine all the people that will buy it coming back and asking "Where is my Visual Voice Mail!?!??"

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat