Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q10 10.2.1 upgrade

Journeyman

Q10 10.2.1 upgrade

Is this official for Sprint?

BlackBerry Plans On Every Carrier Launching 10.2.1 by End of February

Regardless, "software release" 10.2.1.537 (build 10.2.1.1925) is almost like a new device.  Superb updates.  Hang in there.

66 REPLIES 66
Journeyman

Re: Q10 10.2.1 upgrade

I also heard we're getting it at the end of the month:

BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 update goes official, available now - GSMArena.com news

Journeyman

Here's the list of 10.2.1 enhancements:

http://crackberry.com/everything-you-need-know-about-blackberry-os-1021?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_mediu...

This releases fixes my biggest irritant (assuming "software release" 10.2.1.537).  Now even if your Font Size > 9, you will see the third and subsequent lines when entering Text Message.  Just like an email entry, the Q10 now auto-scrolls to the current line being typed -- rather than requiring one to swipe to the current line, and frequently hitting the Attach icon in the process. 

Journeyman

Will it fix the Video camera to work on the supported SD Card? My video only works to record only on the Device and not the SD card.

Journeyman

I just tried to redirect video to my 8GB micro SDHC card, but could not figure out how-to-do! 

Journeyman

I too would like a 10.2.1 upgrade.  Other carriers are already on 10.2.1.2141 already. 

Master

darad,

We haven't released any information to verify this. If there is a software update that will be coming to the Q10, you'll see it here > newsroom.sprint.com or we'll announce it on this forum > Blackberry Q10

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

We know that Blackberry has sent 10.2.1 versions to Sprint and that Sprint is "testing."  We just like to think that Sprint can test just as fast as any other carrier.  Its now between Sprint and TMobile of who will be the last to release if at all.  TMobile has already announced why there was a delay and that they will release in March.  No word from Sprint at all.  The OS is in Sprint's court and we would appreciate the release soon.

Master

We haven’t been given a release date for this update as of yet. Check back with us at www.sprint.com/newsroom.

Thank you

Colleen Sprint social care  

Journeyman

Could SprintDontCare please avoid posting in these forums if you are only going to post the useless comment "Go to www.sprint.com/newsroom"? Maybe give us the day we should expect to find an announcement on ww.sprint.com/newsroom. Most of us have been waiting since October to see when the Z30 was going to be announced and yet SprintDontCare keeps directing us to the newsroom as if one day out of the blue an annoucement will magically appear.

Unfortunately, based on Blackberry CEO John Chen's latest comments, I would expect Sprint to get frozen out of all future Blackberry releases. He mentioned today at the Mobile World Congress that BB is working on new high end phones and his company has a strong relationship with the top 2 U.S. carriers. Not launching the Z30 and then slow rolling the 10.2 update are going to come back to haunt Sprint.

Journeyman

I'm with Steelclip. Make a phone call and actually give us a solid answer. Do you actually know how to get this done or is this a bot that spams replies? The bot would be cheaper and as effective. It's absurd that TMobile and Sprint are the last to get around to this very important update. I'm very disappointed I signed up with Sprint at this point. We don't get the features you offer the other phones like Sprint TV or whatever else you don't offer us. I don't get service at my cottage like I do with my Verizon phone. I came to Sprint just for the BB Q10. I guess I should of went with a carrier that actually has it together enough to get things done. I regret not doing my research. Africa has this update but we can't seem to pull it off at Sprint. At least TMobile has told people why they can't get the job done and when to expect it. I'm so ready to just buy myself out of this system and go with AT&T or Verizon. I stopped off at a new Sprint store in Novi, MI and the manager was so misinformed on Blackberries she had no idea what she was talking about. She said she discouraged people from getting Blackberries. Based on a lack of effort, caring, and information. Blackberry said they expected Sprint to have it together by the end of February. You got one day, the clock is ticking. Best phone out there, I just need to marry it to a responsible provider. There's no reason this update shouldn't be out yet. There is absolutely NO SPRINT SOFTWARE on my phone! You provide us nothing that doesn't come on an out of the box Blackberry. What kind of problem do you think you would encounter releasing it??? Anything that needs to be done on your end would be extremely trivial. Enough is enough. Do your jobs, get it done. That Novi manager has a good idea about steering people away from things, I may adopt it also about Sprint! /end frustrated rant 

Journeyman

So here it is on the 27th of February and no update. Granted, the end of February isn't until tomorrow, but once again, it looks like Sprint is screwing over Blackberry users. I am eagerly awaiting the end of the contract so I can leave Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat