cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Removed the 10.3.2 during my download - Not choice but to cancel all updates disappeared!!!

Journeyman

Sprint Removed the 10.3.2 during my download - Not choice but to cancel all updates disappeared!!!

01-DEC-15: I did get the update for 10.3.2 on December 1st sent to my PHONE ONLY. I had to make room on my Flash memory first.

02-DEC-15: I tried to download it so I can install the update, but failed at the part when it said to close the Settings => Software Updates, but it showed a red progress bar. I got the notification saying it is paused. The only option I had was to Cancel. So I cancelled it to start over again and I wanted to make sure I closed the Settings => Software Updates. But after I did the CANCEL, it deleted all of the update notifications for 10.3.2 and remove my update 10.3.2 from my Settings => Software Updates options.

When I select "Check for Updates" it says I have the latest software (10.2.1.3023) which is incorrect!! This is NOT the latest software for my phone. It seems like SPRINT removed the software updates in the middle of my DOWNLOAD reason why it stopped!! I can't believe and I was on the phone with SPRINT TECH SUPPORT and they could not do anything for me and I was told they sent the update, which I do not believe!!! Are we not in the 21st century or are we in the 7th century?

If my phone never had a chance to be updated, it should not remove the option to update to 10.3.2  and then tell me I have the latest software from my phone. Does Sprint want to lose customers on purpose, I do not get it. Do they not want to support customers with Blackberry? What is it?

No one can help me after being on the phone for more than 2 hours talking to 3 people at Sprint and Sprint Technical Support - I was told next to go a Sprint Store for them to help me - I was told they will reset my phone - what to factory settings? They will wipe out my data, apps and contacts, etc. I was told they will back up my phone - I do not want SPRINT to have my backup -- what is it going to take to restore the updates until everyone was able to update their phone. The update was only over the wire and not from the Blackberry Link desktop Windows software which my other two updates I got since I had the phone.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MORE THAN A YEAR FOR THIS UPDATE AND THIS HAPPENS !!! According to the web site the roll-out started on 11/30/2015 and ends TOMORROW 12/04/2015 - what does this mean we are out of luck, but it seems I was out of luck in a very short time when the update was removed from phone on the 2nd day!!!!

According to this web site!!! I got no answer when I reply to the message!!! Nothing!!

Re: Blackberry Q10 software update - version 10.3.2

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Sprint Removed the 10.3.2 during my download - Not choice but to cancel all updates disappeared!!!

Sprint doesnt remove the updates...nor do they send them out..this would be on the manufacturer of the phone. THEY are the ones that send them out..this is how its ALWAYS been.

the only thing a carrier does with an update is test it on the device to make sure it doesnt wreck havoc on it..then gives the ok to the manufacturer to release it over the carriers network.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Removed the 10.3.2 during my download - Not choice but to cancel all updates disappeared!!!

Hello - you are wrong - Blackberry Tech Support confirms that they send the updates to the providers like Sprint. On the same call I was also speaking to Sprint Tech Support he confirmed Sprint will test the software on the network first to make sure there are no problems and he confirmed with me they tested for 1 year - reason why they just released the upgrade to my phone. It says there in the notification from 11/30 to 12/4 today is the roll-out.

So, YES, during my download - after I did a cancel to START OVER - all of my update prompts for 10.3.2 was removed and now when I do a do a "check for software updates" on my phone - it says I have the latest version of 10.2.1.3023 which is INCORRECT. Sprint Technical support was unable to push it back to my phone, because he says they have the software to do, NOT Blackberry Tech Support who said he has no way to push to the my phone via the Sprint network.

I have updated my phone Q10 TWICE since I purchased it from Sprint successfully using the Blackberry Link software, but for some reason they sent the update over the wire to phone only. NOW I AM OUT OF LUCK!! I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE UPDATE, because no one at Sprint has the urgency to help a customer who has been with them since 1996!!!!

GrandMaster

blackberry, apple....android..theyre all done the same way as i pointed out above.. manufacturer sends the update to the carrier..they test it..if its deemed ok to be used they then tell the manufacturer to go ahead and release it..if its NOT worthy of being sent out then it gets kicked back to the manufacturer to be fixed and retested yet again.

do you really think being with sprint since 1996 will put you above anyone elses issues? google how to kick start the update on your device..there are always back door ways to get it started again. clearing of cache on certain apps etc that will get it going.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hello Fireguy,

Sprint controls the Blackberry software release that they get from Blackberry - so I am out of luck now - my phone will never be updated now because no one at Sprint will help or tell me why I am no longer able to get the update or why it was removed during the download after I had to cancel (with no choice). Yes since 1996 as customer I should be treated with respect and sense of urgency to have this resolved. But what I see here - you seem to be blaming me for the issue. If I am no longer able to get upgrades for my phone because it is a Blackberry should I be forced to purchase I phone I do not want because Sprint is reluctant to support customers with Blackberry. I would by the new Blackberry PRIV only if Sprint will have it available which has an Android operating system. But it seems Sprint is only one who does not have it or planned to have it.

I have cleared the cache, performed a cold boot on my phone by following both Sprint and Blackberry tech support instructions. Do you have a resolution on how I get the update? And I do not know why the update was not provided on my Blackberry Link desktop software like the other two have.

My Phone 'Check for Updates" Sprint server operating system thinks I have the current version which I do not. The issue is with Sprint - NOT with Blackberry - Blackberry is not authorized to specially send me software updates that Sprint has not tested on their network, once it is tested then SPRINT will release the software to the customers. I just said earlier I was on the phone for about two hours yesterday and the Sprint Tech support person told me they have to test it first on the Sprint network and then they (SPRINT) released the update to the phones, NOT BLACKBERRY!!

If you have resolution - what are the steps in how to fix it? I have no control of the Sprint Operating system access - so how do I get the download on my phone?

GrandMaster

you REALLY need to do a google search.. i just pulled up 3 different ways to update a BB device. if you havent already i recommend doing that search and attempting all 3 of those to see if any of them will push it. the reason i keep pushing that its not controlled by the carrier is the fact that one of said ways to update it pulls it directly from BB using a computer..if it were controlled by the carrier this wouldnt be the case...same as Samsung devices. they have multiple ways to update them as well.

Journeyman

I know there are other ways to update the operating system on my phone, but if I use the back door, Sprint will not support my device if something is wrong. I rather get the update from Sprint, like the other two. This time, it was done unprofessionally. I do not want to risk something going wrong with the OS upgrade I put on my phone IF SPRINT DOES NOT SUPPORT IT - I know Sprint modifies the Blackberry updates to work on their network. Do you guarantee that the other options of getting the update will be supported by Sprint. It is Sprints responsibility to push it to my device on THEIR SPRINT NETWORK, NOT me or NOT Blackberry. It was confirmed by SPRINT TECH SUPPORT YESTERDAY when I spoke to them......  are you saying SPRINT TECH SUPPORT lied to me?

Journeyman

I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL FINALLY BE LEAVING SPRINT!!! My Husband and I have been customers since 1996 - We will now be going to A&T where  I get a NEW Blackberry PRIV and my Husband a Blackberry Classic. I have not had anyone to help me to upgrade to 10.3.2 since they have removed my chances and prompt to upgrade. Our CHRISTMAS PRESENT will be joining AT&T with their NEW PROMOTION. I already have a CART Ready for AT&T shared plan special all I need to do is go to their store to verify and we will be transferring our phone numbers. The lack of customer urgency and help is astounding on how they treat Blackberry Customers. Sprint is now always gets everything last and they only push iPhone and Galaxy!!!! I DO NOT WANT THOSE SPY PHONES!!!!!

GrandMaster

again..google how the BB updates are actually sent out.

GrandMaster

the way through the computer is the same way a repair facility would load it onto your phone. same as samsung..they have a app you load onto your computer to assist with

-backing up the phone

-loading new updates

in both cases the ability is made available by the manufacturer of the phone..not sprint.

Journeyman

I am now with AT&T - Purchased Blackberry Classic - had the PRIV but I do not like it - on the third day - it broke unable to see the screen - unable to boot. Also PRIV is NOT A REAL BLACKBERRY - I had no idea  I will be using GOOGLE SERVICES I thought it would be same except with the Android OS which I believe is hosted on BLACKBERRY company site.  But I do not want any GOOGLE Accounts - reason why I stayed with BLACKBERRY. Since Sprint does not carry any BLACKBERRIES I had no choice to move to AT&T!! Sprint you used to be good and have great phones for everyone's choices but it seems you must be paid off by APPLE, WINDOWS and GOOGLE to just to sell those phones. It seems you want to put Blackberry our of business - shame on you :-(

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat