Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail/visual voicemail app is missing

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail/visual voicemail app is missing

Hi:

I cannot seem to get visual voicemail on my new K1 and have to call my number to check messages.

I applied the posted solution to reinstall the native Sprint apps but to no avail. I just got the device a few days ago from the local Sprint store and I'm not sure the voicemail app was ever available. Moreover, there isnt a Sprint visual voicemail app available in google play (although there is one for most of the other celluar carriers). Please help.  

4 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: SOLUTION: Voicemail/visual voicemail app is missing

KjD73, sounds like something we need to look into. Have you checked if your phone's software is up to date? Having the latest one (BBB100-3V03) may trigger this app. Please follow these steps for verify this:

• From home screen, drag upwards on screen to bring up Apps.
  • Tap Settings > tap About Phone.
  • Scroll down to Software Version.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. It's actually running 3V04 and was updated a couple days ago. 

Sprint Social Care

KjD73. It seems that one is recent as you said. The one I mentioned was released 10/2/17, but we have no noticed about this one. It is odd that you're not getting the preloaded app even after the ##27263# (##BRAND#). Let's try the following:

1.Tap the Phone icon 
2.Tap the Phone Dialer. 
3.On the phone dial pad, press ##72786#. 
4.Read the warning prompt, tap Yes.
5.The phone clears previous internal programming information and turns phone off then back on.
6.Device activation begins.
7.After device activation completes, tell the customer to finish device setup steps.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Carlos:

Thanks so much!!!!! That did it. Great customer service. Have a great weekend.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat