cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Sprint release a firm date for the Q10?

Journeyman

Why won't Sprint release a firm date for the Q10?

I've had my Blackberry Curve for over 5 years.  I'm rotating the upgrades on my Family Plan while I wait patiently for the Q10, which everyone has except for Sprint.  What is going on, Sprint?!  Either give a firm release date or let your customers know you don't plan on carrying it.

You are looking at losing another customer.  Just give an real answer - no BS.  What is the release date for the Q10?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Why won't Sprint release a firm date for the Q10?

I am here to help, we are expecting great things soon.  Check out sprint.com/bb10

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Obviously there isn't an official release date yet.  Sure there's the rumors that the Q10 is coming out in the end of August, but rumors only have value if they're true and we have no idea if the rumored release date is true.  And yes, Sprint has updated their BB10 webpage, but instead of saying it's coming out in late summer, they say it's "coming soon," which is more ambiguous than saying "late summer."  Who knows whose fault it is for delaying the release of the Q10 for Sprint.  I read the forums, some say it's Sprint's fault, other say it's Blackberry's, other say it's the manufacturers of the Q10's components.  My gripe is that we, the customers, are kept in the dark and consequently we come up with own theories.  And I'm sure Sprint employees, if they're also kept in the dark, also come up with their own theories and all these theories propagate into rumors. My own pet theory is Sprint will delay the Q10 until the holiday shopping season, so they can release it with the A10.  After all if Sprint's Q10 was being released at the end of August, wouldn't they have made the announcement by now, especially to the folks who registered to get Q10 updates?  I hope my theory proves to be wrong, because once my Bold 9650 dies (it already turns itself off and on at inconvenient times), I'll either be forced to get a phone that doesn't meet my needs or leave Sprint.

Journeyman

I'd count on the Aug 30th rumors, normally when things like release date screen shots are published they're true. As for the dying 9650 if it's been doing that for a while why not just get a 9330 Curve off ebay? They can be had NIB for around $50, or the even newer 9350 for around $80 (supports OS 7 and SMR 800). I know that's not the point and you shouldn't have to spend that money, but if you want to stay with Sprint and BB it's a fairly easy solution. Or if you're like me and constantly wear out phones from heavy use, the TEP is pretty invaluable.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat