cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint Carry New BB Phones?

Journeyman

Will Sprint Carry New BB Phones?

Blackberry yesterday unveiled a new phone Q20 which brings back the classic BB trackpad and keyboard.  What are Sprint plans with respect to continuing to offer BB devices? Does anyone have a clue?

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: Will Sprint Carry New BB Phones?

TREVORCON1

We don't have any specific information in regards to what you're asking. We understand the demand for this device and whenever we do announce a device to be released on our network it gets published here > newsroom.sprint.com. Please follow that page for the latest device announcements.

Eduardo
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

One wonders if Sprint will follow T-Mobile.  I just noticed the Q10 is no longer displayed at the San Jose Sprint Store.  Doesn't look good.  The Q10 battery can last 5-6X longer than my kid's iPhone5 7 hours.  Keyboard and intelligent word choices is phenomenal, as is the superb and fast graphic user interface, particularly with the 10.2.1.* O/S update.  I wouldn't mind a 3.5" Qxx when my Q10 contract is up.

Journeyman

One wonders why the Sprint customer care at its corporate stores don't even try to highlight just two of the best features of the Q10 (i.e. before they stopped displaying the Q10):  (1)  Removable $10 battery, with superb life; (2) phenomenal keyboard, for real men who do not have pointy fingers.   Even has a wider screen than iPhone 5.

Recently, out-of-work and recovering from an injury, I gave the Q10 the acid test, using the Q10 all day for phone, email, texting, blogs, news, short videos, etc.   Used 8am to 10pm, still had 15-20% battery left.  In normal life 2 - 3 days between charges is easily achieved, unless used for iHeartRadio or playing music all day.

One hopes Sprint will give the upcoming Q20 Classic (3.5") and Qxx Passport (4.5") a chance to be prominently visible in its stores, with trained staff.  I'm excited for these phones, as my upgrade path.  By then, perhaps the low cost Z3 might become available in the US, or even the Z30 (5"), for those who wish a Blackberry touch-screen option.

Master

darad,

Thanks for posting! We're also very excited for new Blackberries! We don't have any details as to what/when/where releases will happen, but keep an eye out on sprint.com/newsroom for the latest updates!

- Shannon
Social Care
Journeyman

So yesterday the BB Passport was released with the Q20 Classic to follow later this year.  Again, will Sprint be offering these phones?

Thanks,

Master

TREVORCON1
At this moment, there hasn't been any word of it. However, you can stay up to date with all of our new and upcoming releases at Sprint.com/newsroom. Happy Connecting! - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

BB makes some of the best phones out there. Everyone that I know has been trying to get me to switch. I am a leader I do not follow the herd. BB forever !!!

Master

DeaconM, If there's anything that I can assist you with, let me know. I am here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon will begin offering the CDMA version of the Blackberry Classic in February or March of this year.  What are your plans with respect to this phone?  Will Sprint get its own version or as a minimum allow an unlocked CDMA version to be connected to its network (with full functionality)?

Master

TREVORCON1 - Thanks for reaching out. Please stay tuned at sprint.com/newsroom for more information. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint - when will you get the Blackberry Classic?  My contract is up, (18+ years with Sprint) I will own a Blackberry Classic soon!  Verizon launches the Classic on 2/26/15.  I may be switching soon if you don't make an announcement regarding the BB Classic.

Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat