cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms mode wont let me send pics or reply

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: mms mode wont let me send pics or reply

Ok just got off the phone with sprint support, picture mail isn't the issue I guess. Theyjust walked me through settings on my phone, most of which I've already checked and issue not resolved. Next step is bring to a sprint store, hope to God this gets figured out. Don't want replacement phone. Could this be related to a wrong sim card? I also have never been connected to 4G service in areas where sprint has 4G, while other sprint users with different phones are picking it up...and it can't be an antenna issue because this is my 3rd Q10 and none of them have picked up 4G from sprint

Master

jmrat24

Thanks for the post. Have you had the same SIM card through all of your device changes? If so, I'd have them check the SIM card when they look at the device, as it is the SIM that picks up the 4G signal. I'm not sure if the SIM has anything to do with the MMS issue, but if the techs haven't changed it out, I would ask them to do that.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a question? what is seconds or minute limit for video. I had made a video of my nephew that last about .10 to .23 seconds long. I tried to send it to my aunt through bbm. she also has a bbQ10. we both have unlimited data. But it told me it was too large to send . I had to narrow it down to .05.. which I lost all the good part before I could send it. It also said it was to large to send as a text message and email. The Samsung Instinct and BB Bold we let me. so what is up with the BBQ10. Is there any way this can be fixed? Otherwise it makes the video feature not worth it.

Master

Bears1965

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention I apologize for the delayed response. I have done some research and I'm showing that this may be caused by the format the device is set on. I recommend taking the device into a Sprint service center to have them help assist with getting this changed for you. You can find the closest service center near you on sprint.com/storelocater. Let me know if you have any other question or concerns.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Issue resolved!! Factory reset at the sprint store, and issue went away! Thanks for your replies..

Journeyman

A factory reset will fix the issue BUT if you then update to 10.2.1 it will again break MMS sending with the 3512 error. This is obviously a bug somewhere in the update patch.

I just went through this with my Q10. I got it about 3 weeks ago, updated it immediately to 10.2.1 and from that point on I got the 3512 error. I searched and found this discussion so I tried the wipe myself and it didn't help because I did the update again after that wipe (obviously at that point I hadn't realized that it was the update that was breaking it). Took the phone back to the local sprint store and had their tech spend about an hour playing with it, with no success. He started a ticket for me, and a week later, after more playing around with tech support still no success. So I brought the phone back and exchanged it for a brand new one. Tried MMS right there in the store that day and it worked. But then when I got home and updated to 10.2.1 lo and behold the 3512 Error Header Validation is back!

So until Blackberry fixes this it is either stay with the 10.1.x version of their OS or upgrade to 10.2.1 and lose the ability to send MMS.

EDIT - Just got off the phone with Blackberry Customer Service and they say that upgrading may clear out certain configuration settings that allow for sending MMS and that I have to go to the Sprint store to fix that, and that if they cannot figure out then I should have them call Blackberry Tech Support from the store because if I try to go through Blackberry Tech Support myself then I will get charged $49 for their help, but if Sprint calls them there is no charge. This would have been nice to know in the first place, but I figure with all the time I spent with sprint techs and tickets that one of them somewhere along the way would have known to call Blackberry.

Journeyman

Is it possible to do a factory reset by yourself without going through the trip to the store which takes hours and they just laugh at you when you show them a Blackberry?

Also do you lose the data on your device with a reset, i.e. contacts, pictures, documents, emails etc....I just want to revert to the old 10.1 operating system if it's the only way I can send pictures via MMS.

I have only had my Q10 a handful of days, the second I turned it on it updated it operating software to the 10.2.1.3023 which is currenty installed. I get the error code mentioned at the start of this thread anytime I attempt to send a pitcture.

So frustrating.

Master

PINOFARINOLA,

Instructions on the process can be found here: http://bit.ly/1vFHn0Z

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well if the problem is with the latest software update I am stuck in a circle because after I performed the factory reset also known as a wipe you are prompted for a software update when you first turn the phone back on. You have the option of skipping the update to 10.2.1.3023 which I did but on the next step you are forced to select continue or the phone setup stops. When you press continue it automatically updates to the new software. After that my phone only connects over the Sprint network with voice only, no data. Unless I am on a wireless network I have no data connection now. This means no emails, texts or anything of the sort. Even when I am on a network I still can't send send MMS texts with pictures. I don't get the error code, it just sits there permanently attempting to send. The factory reset only caused me more problems.

Master

PINOFARINOLA,

Please allow us to take a closer look at this for you and see what options or further troubleshooting we can offer. To begin, can you please PM us using the following link?

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok everyone I have some good news. I have corrected the problem and the solution was way easier than thought.

After 2 attempts at factory resets which resulted in the same issue ( and some new ones) and much time lost on the phone with Sprint customer support I gave up and visited a local Sprint repair center. The tech there was a very bright young man named Carlos who also spent over an hour on the phone with tech support to no avail.

Before I left he said let me do a profile update and see if it helps. The phone was still not able to send MMS or reply to MMS messages, only receive. I left frustrated. After maybe 15 minutes while I was driving home, someone happened to send me an MMS and to my amazement I was able to reply. I sent out a bunch of MMS messages containing pictures to various people to confirm it was indeed working and it was!

I wanted to share with everyone how easy it is to do. From the home screen you select "Setup" then select "Self Service". From that screen click the menu button it looks like this --->  "..." then simply click "update profile" and you're done. Apparently it took a few minutes after the fact to kick in because as I said we tried in the store and the problem was still there.

One more thing I wanted to mention. Before he did this, when making calls the call screen always displayed at the top "My Number: Unknown" now it actually displays my own phone number. Obviously the update profile corrected multiple issues.

Now if I could only get Pandora to work on this new Berry I wouldn't feel so bad about upgrading from my old reliable Berry. Why in the world would the old antiquated Berry be able to access apps the newest generation Berry can't?

Anyway, I just wanted to share this solution to a very frustrating problem with everyone, hope this works for you. Good luck!

Master

PINOFARINOLA,

Thank you for posting back your findings. We appreciate your feed back.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat