Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyone - data problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyone - data problems

Apologies for the double post - I hit submit twice on accident.

I just got a K1 from Sprint two days ago, and my data service is very... weird. I get an LTE signal, but certain services work whilst others don't. For example, Google Maps, YouTube, and Facebook, as well as email, all seem to work normally and pull down mobile data just fine. But the Chrome browser, the Play Store, and Play Music (and several others) don't get any data, and report that there is "no connection". Any new apps that I have tried, such as Pandora or Netflix, also report no connection and time out. But there IS a connection, as I have several bars of LTE, and mere seconds later can browse my Facebook stream without issue.

Has anyone dealt with this successfully? I tried changing the APN information based on some suggestions on the Crackberry forum, but the device always defaults back to its original APN. I can change it manually, but it doesn't stick (even after I hit save). Plus, when changing the APN - I lose ALL data service completely, so it looks like the changed one never takes effect. And then it bounces back to the default.  I've also tried a factory reset, the update voice and data settings, and countless reboots.

As a test since the Google services seemed to be working, I activated Data Saver on my device, and strangely enough, data saver actually helped my issue (partly). Without data saver enabled, no websites would load at all. Just "connection timed out" after awhile. When I switched data saver on, most websites that I visited through a google search would work properly, and browsing was possible again. But other apps like the Play Store, music streaming, or even the Weather Channel app, still pull down no data.  It's really odd... its like certain apps access the data signal whilst others can't.

Ideas? Suggestions? This is very frustrating. 

431 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Keyone - data problems

its possible the phone itself is reading the signal oddly..try going into your mobile settings and changng your phone from Automatic to CDMA/LTE..see if its just reading the signal in some weird way
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello chernobrov, thank you so much for contacting us. Please try doing the following:

Step 1:From the home screen, tap Phone.

Step 2: Dial ##72786#. (Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.)

Step 3Smiley Surprisednce the activation is complete, tap OK.

Step 4Smiley Surprisednce the PRL is updated, tap OK.

Step 5:Tap OK to restart the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same issues. Data transport is a real problem w/ the device. Also Bluetooth is extremely unstable. It keeps disconnecting from my vehicle, which has NEVER happened w/ any other phone.
#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

Thank you for the input, I just tried this process and it did do the activation and update, but the problem was not resolved. Still suffering the same data issues as before. 

Journeyman

I followed the instructions.

Without wifi, my non-google email will not download new messages. I cannot view Accuweather.

It says I am offline even though have unlimited data. Chrome says I am offline.

Then wifi turned itself back on. I turned it back off to test it further. Chrome says I am offline. "Turn on mobile data or Wifi.

Journeyman

Just FYI, I went back to check the settings after following these instructions and none of the apn choices are selected.

And I am getting an authentication failed for WIFI, even though it says connected and seems to be working.

I really do like this phone an am glad that sprint finally offered a blackberry.I was within weeks of going to ATT although I am a long time sprint customer ... since Nextel days.

I am sure the settings can be harmonized and I am a very patient guinea pig to try out fixes.

Thank you for helping.

Sprint Social Care

Helo CherylDetroit, please allow us to take a deeper look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'd like to point out that this has not been resolved... while I appreciated the suggestions, they didn't work. Data still does not work properly on the device. As of now, the following apps are working normally and use data normally: Facebook, Twitter, CNN, Hub (email), Spotify, and Google Maps, YouTube

The following apps do NOT work and do NOT seem to be able to pull down any data: Chrome, Netflix, Pandora, Amazon Apps (any), Weather Channel, Google Play Store, and pretty much anything new I've tried to download.

Bottom line - my phone has a 4G LTE signal, often with 3 bars... but some apps are unable to receive data at all. When I switch to WiFi, they work normally. Off WiFi, the situation is as noted above. This is very frustrating, and very weird... even a factory reset did not help, nor did the advice noted above. 

Journeyman

I gave up after a day and a half. I went back to the COR store after speaking w/ my assigned ECR & swapped it out for a new G6. (I wanted the Motorola Z2, but it was sold out). 

This is my 2nd G6 & I absolutely love it. The only thing it needs is Enhanced Messaging (WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?) which the KEYone had.

KEYone had great potential, but from a THREE year old chipset, to the Bluetooth not able to hold ANY connection to the car, to NO data, to the overheating, I just gave up. I guess that's what a Chinese knockoff TCL gets you, sadly.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

I was lucky to have this problem solve with the help of Blackberry today. I have placed several calls to Sprint and blackberry with no good results. I have an open trouble ticket with Blackberry and Sprint. The problem has been resolve after these changes where made today with the help of Blackberry support.
1-go to setting select more
2- Go to cellular networks
3- Select access Point names
4- Select x.ispsn from the list of apn tap on it to edit look for Bearer make sure it says LTE. Once you have locate this one delete all the other Apn and start enjoying the Lte data service on your Sprint Keyone.
Sprint Social Care

Hello Thunderbird1999! Thank you so much for posting your workaround. Let's wait to see if it does work for other customers so we can mark your answer as the solution.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat