cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G is HERE!!!

Hey everyone! Ask Steve checking in, and I am here to talk to you about 5G! Check out the video down below! Lets get the conversation going! 

15 Comments
Journeyman

Want the LG V 50 phone with 5G performance, but since the zip code does not have 5G km the Carolinas told can't get phone. Why?

Community Manager

Currently all 5G devices are sold in markets where 5G has been launched. Currently, that is Atlanta, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and Kansas City.  Chicago, LA, NYC, Phoenix, and Washington have been announced.

If you have a billing address outside of the 4 launched markets, 5G devices cannot be ordered.

Journeyman

sprints 4g speeds are horrible, I would be embarrassed to announce 5g

Journeyman

When you are in the Army and travel, you can live in one place and travel to other places in your work like DC.

Community Manager

If only you had a billing address in one of the markets...if only temporary.  Hmmmmm...Smiley Wink

Community Manager

LOL!  That's my bad. I will be quiet now.

Journeyman

not worth the hassel now,  but read that sprint -t mobile merger will not be compatible with first generation

https://www.pcmag.com/news/368706/should-i-buy-a-5g-phone-now-or-wait

Sprint and T-Mobile Might Merge

While Sprint's first 5G phone is well-positioned to access Sprint's network, Sprint and T-Mobile still say they're merging, and T-Mobile will be heavily dependent on low-band FDD. So the LG V50 won't support all of the merged network, if the carriers merge.

Guess will have to settle for the smaller battery

Journeyman
My new phone an LG V40 ThinQ is amazing. Played  on Youtube Tchaikovsky : Overture 1812 (Full, Choral) (Sure, best version ever) - Ashkenazy*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrsYD46W1U0&feature=youtu.be&list=RDZrsYD46W1U0&fbclid=IwAR1UKb_qZE2...

on the phone and it is absolutely astonishing with just the phone on the desk, it sounds like I have a new stero system. The clarity of the singing of the vocal parts and the clarity of the strings is amazing. The volume of a phone is louder than some large speakers. It is now on special at Sprint at $ 15 a month! I heard that the LG V Series was good, but hearing this is astounding. IF YOU NEED A PHONE YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE LG V40 ThinQ and you have a 2 year warranty!
Will have to use this and save $30 a month until Sprint decides to sell  the v50 in my area and with the competition lower pieces for G5. 
Community Manager

Starting July 19, both of our 5G smartphones – LG V50 ThinQ 5G and Samsung Galaxy S10 5G – will be available nationwide to ALL Sprint customers so they can upgrade to a 5G-ready phone.

Journeyman

Will you pay the 5G Plan even if you do not have 5G in the area? Where you live?  

Can I trade in my newly leased LG V40 @ $15 a month I got Monday for the LG V50 @ $24 a month, and will my $ 60.00 bill go up to

$ 140 or so a month with no 5G but have a 5G phone for the next year or so?

Plus just saw the Military 50% off plan,  how does this impact the plans?????

Would be interested in the answers?

Get Our 100% Total Satisfaction Guarantee is that for all customers?  or just new customers?

Would like to know the answers?   My Sprint no is [edited for privacy]  could Sprint call me?

After the experiences we had ordering and getting our 2 LG V-40 phones on Monday, instead of a half hour - 45 minute phone pickup took us to 3 places and starting at 1 PM we finished at 5PM.  Getting a change to an V50 would be child's play.

Journeyman

Chatted on line about changing my LG V40 TO LG V50 will see what happens?

Journeyman

LG V50 ThinQ and Dual Screen Hands On: The practical alternative  When will Sprint get this dual screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8l7z8BVw8

Sprint do not miss the boat, main reason I wanted the  LG V50  !

Community Manager

Will you pay the 5G Plan even if you do not have 5G in the area? Where you live?  Yes

Can I trade in my newly leased LG V40 @ $15 a month I got Monday for the LG V50 @ $24 a month, and will my $ 60.00 bill go up to $ 140 or so a month with no 5G but have a 5G phone for the next year or so?  If you are within your 14 day exchange period.  There would be a restocking fee.

Plus just saw the Military 50% off plan,  how does this impact the plans????? https://sprint.co/30uGFup

Get Our 100% Total Satisfaction Guarantee is that for all customers?  or just new customers? New customer and current customers adding a line.

My Sprint no is [edited for privacy]  could Sprint call me? LOL, do not put your phone number in a public forum.

Community Manager

The LG Dual screen is an accessory by LG and is not offered in the US.  This is not a Sprint decision, it's all LG.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to tell LG that it will go over big in the states at a reasonable price!