cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the Buzz about Sprint Flex

Community Manager

SprintFlex.png

Ever found yourself in one of these positions?

• I leased my device but decided I really like it and want to keep when my lease ends.  Why can’t I make payments towards the balance instead of a lump sum if I want to keep it?
  • I didn’t sign up for the lease when I got my phone, but two years is a long time to hold on to a phone.  I wish I could switch to a lease and upgrade sooner.
  • I like the idea of getting a new phone every year but what if I don’t want the newest Galaxy or iPhone?  What if I want to choose an iPhone one year and an HTC the next? Do you have anything like that?

If you like flexibility in the way you purchase your phone, then Sprint Flex is going to make your life with Sprint even better!

Buying a new phone can be one of the best parts of being a Sprint customer but we know that process can also be confusing.  Do you lease?  Buy on payments?  Pay one price up front?  With Sprint Flex, we’ve combined the best parts of leasing and installment billing into one program, all while ensuring you get the lowest cost for your phone!

Here’s how Sprint Flex works:

1. Pick your phone.  Pay our lowest out of pocket today when you finance it over 18 mos.*
  2. Take advantage of our two annual upgrade options or none at all:
    • iPhone and Galaxy Forever customers continue to receive Annual upgrades at no additional charge. With iPhone or Galaxy Forever, exclusively from Sprint, you can upgrade to the latest model any time after 12 payments.
    • Add annual upgrade on all other phones for just $5/month
  3. Every Sprint Flex purchase is upgrade eligible after 18 payments but you only upgrade when you’re ready.  Want a new phone? Return your current phone and upgrade. Or pay your device off and keep it.  
    • If you decide to keep the phone, simply pay off the remaining balance in one lump sum or break it up into 6 monthly payments: either way, your cost is the same and the phone is yours to keep.

Want more information?  Check out the Sprint Flex  landing page or the Get Started page.   Of course, you can always ask questions in the comments.  We can't want to hear your feedback!

• Sprint Flex
3 Comments
Journeyman

This FLEX  is a horrible option..  We are now no longer able to buy any discounted new phone outright??

Many of us just want to BUY a phone..

This may cost Sprint my business after 10 years or so of being a customer.

GrandMaster
if it was discounted that usually means you were signing up for a 2 year contract in exchange for a discounted device cost..the 2 year contracts have ended with all carriers and your options are now either a lease or installment payments to own the device in the end..or purchasing the phone outright.
Journeyman

The $5 Flex obligation does not sit well with me at all, adds additional money to already expensive lease payments 

About the Author
  • In addition to being a Sprint Employee and Product Ambassador, GeekGeoff is an unabashed Star Wars fan, Tech Junkie and Father to a precocious 9 year old. When he’s not writing blogs, he can be found playing video games, searching for the best donut shop or debating which Doctor is the best (for the record, it’s number 10).
  • SeaWolf makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR. Current Phone: Samsung S8 Areas of Expertise: Care topics and corny jokes