Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoronaVirus: What is Sprint Doing for Us Fellow Human Beings

Community Manager

JtVH5Khvihib7dBDFY9ZDR.jpg

What's up Community!!  Let's be honest, part of my job is to get you to this site for clicks and views, but I am not here today for that.  I wanted to reach out as a fellow human being and talk about how the CoronaVirus has affected our daily lives and what is Sprint is doing about it.  This has been something on my heart for days now and since I have a platform, I wanted to get it out.  This is no polished corporate speak, in fact, I may get called in the corner office.  What it is is me being human.  Currently, my Spring Break plans are canceled just like yours and I thought I should write something.  Right now, I am at the Angry Scotsman Brewing Company in lovely downtown Oklahoma City.  As I look around, I am the sole customer in here.  It's just me, the bartender and 2 ladies in the back.  I know my audience don't read press releases, so I thought I would pen a blog about our positions on CoronaVirus.

At Sprint, the health and well-being of our customers, agents, and communities is our top priority.  For without them there is no us.  We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the CoronaVirus and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our customers and agents as the situation evolves.

We strongly encourage you to use our self-service tools and 24/7 access.  You can access your account online at sprint.com, our chat services here , the MySprint App, or my personal favorite Sprint Community!  From these places, you can make payments, view transactions, check balances, ask questions, and purchase devices and accessories.  It's easier and faster to manage your account digitally, especially given call wait times may be longer than usual.  Also, it automatically incorporates social distancing!

Sprint, in my opinion, is doing some pretty awesome things in the wake of this pandemic.

For our customers:

• Today, Sprint signed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. For the next 60 days, we will support our residential and small business customers by:
    • Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
    • Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
  • Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long-distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
  • By next Thursday:
    • Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
    • We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
  • Coming soon:
    • Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have a mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
  • For more information about these changes, please visit Sprint.com.

And it gets better!

Our friends at T-Mobile have expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network.  With expanded roaming access tens of thousands of locations nationwide, schools and families connected to Sprint's network will have expanded coverage and capacity - including in rural areas - over the next 60 days.

Every little bit helps.  So check on those folks who may be unable to get out.  Lend a hand when you can and then wash that hand!  May I suggest, Wash Your Lyrics.  I've printed up several 2Pac - Dear Mama wash your hand lyrics and placed them in all the bathrooms within Sprint.  Cracks me up!  Anyway, my fellow humans, if you need anything, reach out.

9 Comments
Journeyman

Not true. My service was temporarily restricted today because of non-payment. I was hurt at work, have limited mobility and only able to work 20 hours per week. I get paid every 2 weeks. It's @ $500 after taxes every 2 weeks and was going to pay my my past due bill of $360 so I  wouldn't get disconnected. Now I will not be able to work, that money has to go towards  for food and supplies due to the Coronavirus  because my 2 children in elementary school are out of school indefinitely. My parents also live with me and they are over 80 yrs old. We are pretty far out from the city. It's over 1.5 hr drive to the closest hospital. No landline here.  No cell phone service for us. Yay Sprint!!!

Community Manager

Hey, not sure if you already talked to an agent but I encourage you to start a thread in our Problem Solvers space.  Let a Social Care agent look into it and see if there's anything we can do to keep you connected. 

Journeyman

Even though you're waiving the late fee, that's going to be one hell of a bill to pay off when all this is said and done. My phone is for my wife's health needs and we live, lived on $800 a month. How are people like us to pay our piled up bills back?

Journeyman

I agree this is not true. I have been out of work and can’t pay the bill until April 1st. They turned my phone off anyways and demanded payment. I am unemployed!!!!!!! I now am in lock down and have no access to anything. I live in a rural area also. I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and this is how loyalty is looked upon. A long term customer is going through a hard time like every one else and this is what Sprint does. Give me money or your turned off who cares about you. Thanks a lot Sprint   When I come out of this no thanks to your shut service I will change companies.

Journeyman

The answer to the title question is "Absolutely nothing" 

I was told by TWO separate Sprint Customer Care Representatives, when I asked about Covid-19 because I'm out of work due to it but still wanted to be able to contact family and friends during this terrifying crisis, that I would NOT have to pay my sprint bill for the next two months due to the virus

This is 100% false. I just had my phone disconnected yesterday, and after trying to call, email, text and even TWITTER MESSAGE Sprint, I haven't received EVEN ONE response.

I have no way of making money during the outbreak, and now have no way of contacting people from my home (had to take a walk just to find wifi to post this). I have had countless problems with Sprint in the past, and now they're just straight up lying to us. 

I am beyond fed up, and you best believe me and my family will never be using Sprint again after this crisis. You don't care about your customers in the slightest.

Journeyman

You need to enroll in the 60 payment Extention plan.

I will trust that Sprint will honor this while we all are dealing with this unique and stressful situation. Been with Sprint for more than 20 years. No desire to change services. Nor do I want to have any more hardships from this virus.

Community Manager

This is for everyone who claims they have been disconnected.  PM me your phone number and I will have a look.  You have my word.  Keep in mind, I've had these claims on Twitter and when I've investigated it was folks that had been canceled prior to our forbearance for coronavirus.  If this is the case, there is nothing I can do.

Journeyman

Can i enroll a 60 days payment extension plan? i need help with this because my payment due date is in 2 days (March the 25Th ) Lost the job due to the Corona virus outbreak. Please help.

Thanks

Community Manager

Contact care via *2 for payment options.  As my article states "For the next 60 days, we will support our residential and small business customers by:

• Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
  • Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic."