cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ's: First Uncarrier Announcement as a Merged Company - How Does it Affect Sprint Customers

Community Manager

Em_Will_I_Am_0-1594929136241.png

What up Community!!  I hope you had a chance to catch up on the Uncarrier announcement made earlier today.  If not, I wrote a handy-dandy blog about it here complete with video!!  I, for one, am very excited about this Uncarrier announcement because it is the first one with Sprint/T-Mobile together.  If I'm being honest, in watching the announcement, it seemed to be more T-Mobile focused than Sprint.  I've already received PMs asking what's in it for Sprint customers.  So real quick, Sprint customers will not have access to all features, like the PROXY digits, in the beginning.  This is work in progress and Sprint customers will be including within Phase 2 of this project.

With that said, I've crafted some FAQ's from my PMs and got some answers for you.  Please read through them and as always, if you have any questions, feel free to comment below.

While T-Mobile customers will use the Scam Shield app, Sprint customers will use the Sprint Call Screener app.  So real quick, on July 24, Sprint iOS customers can download the upgraded Call Screener app from the App Store, and Android customers simply open and enable the pre-installed app. In the app, Sprint customers can get their free scam ID and blocking, and activate free Caller ID. And as you transition to the T-Mobile network, then you can get the Scam Shield app and all of T-Mobile’s network-level protections.

Sprint Call Screener

What is Sprint Call Screener?

Sprint Call Screener is a free service that provides advanced detection and protection from scam and unwanted calls. Call Screener provides features like:

Caller Name - The caller’s name will display, even when not in your contacts.

Spam Identification – spam calls are identified on the incoming call screen.

Call Blocking - Block spam calls or individual phone numbers.

Personalized call blocking – create a personalized list of blocked numbers.

Spam Reporting - Easily report phone numbers as spam.

What will display on my incoming call screen when I receive a spam call?

With Sprint Call Screener, spam calls on your incoming call screen will display as:

• Potential Fraud – callers likely pretending to be someone else intending to commit fraud.
  • Potential Spam – callers likely not following industry standards and making a lot of phone calls.
  • Robo Caller – likely automated calls that some people reported as a nuisance.

How do I get Sprint Call Screener?

Android devices: The Sprint Call Screener application is preloaded on most Sprint Android devices.

Customers can enroll in the service through the Sprint Call Screener application by selecting the “Enable Now” button on the home screen.

iOS devices: Customers can download and install the Sprint Call Screener application from the App Store.

Customers can then enroll in the service through the Sprint Call Screener application by selecting the “Enable Now” button on the home screen.

How much does Sprint Call Screener cost?

Sprint Call Screener is available for free on eligible Sprint devices with an active account.

I am paying $2.99 for Call Screener Plus.  What should I do?

Nothing!  Sprint Call Screener Plus subscribers who were paying $2.99 will be automatically converted to the free Sprint Call Screener.

How do I block spam calls?

Spam calls can be blocked by risk level (High, High and Medium or All levels).

Android users: Using the menu in the upper left-handed corner, select Block Management. Tap on Block filters. You can use the toggle to turn on and off and use the radio buttons below the toggle to determine what level of spam blocking you want to enable.

iOS users: First, make sure you have Call Screener enabled. Then, go to the Block page by tapping on the icon in the menu bar. Tap on Block Filter Settings.  You can use the toggle to turn blocking on and off and use the filter options to determine what level of spam blocking you want to enable. Due to iOS limitations, some known spam calls may not be blocked.

How do I block calls that are not identified as Spam?

Android users: Using the menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Block Management. Under the Blocked Numbers section tap on Add. Select whether you'd like to block a contact already in your phone, or via a phone number. Fill out the relevant details and submit. All calls from that number will be blocked in the future.

iOS users:  First, make sure you have Call Screener enabled. Then, go to the Block page by tapping on the Block icon in the menu bar. Select the “+” to add numbers to My Block List.

All blocked calls will be forwarded to your voicemail if one is set up.

What do I do if my device is not compatible with the Sprint Call Screener app?

Sprint offers a free Caller ID only service with no app required. Caller ID displays the name of an incoming caller not currently in your contacts. Customers can subscribe to free Caller ID via one of the following:

• Logging into sprint.com/mysprint and navigating to “Change Services” page and signing up for Caller ID
  • Calling your Team of Experts by dialing *2 from your Sprint phone 
  • At any Sprint store

Do I need to add Caller ID if I am already subscribed to Sprint Call Screener?

No.  Caller ID, as well as scam protections are all included in Sprint Call Screener.

I want to enroll in free Sprint Call Screener but it looks like there is a 2.99/month cost. What should I do?

iOS users who have previously downloaded the app and still see the $2.99 price should ensure that their Sprint Call Screener app is up to date.

Not to worry! We are in the process of updating the app to reflect the new, free price but rest assured you will not be charged!

How can I change the name that is displayed on Caller ID when I make a call?

• Sign into My Sprint by clicking Sign in/Create my profile
  • From My Account menu, select Profile & Settings.
  • Select Limits & Permissions.
  • You will be prompted to complete a 2-step authentication
  • Click 'X' symbol to close My preferences window
  • Click Change Caller ID name
  • Update Caller ID name field
  • Click Save

Not all carriers use our data to display the caller ID name for Sprint customers. Some carriers use databases outside of our control or choose not to display names at all. We can't guarantee this name change displays every time you make a call.

What is the difference between Sprint Call Screener Basic and the new free Sprint Call Screener?

Sprint Call Screener Basic provides spam identification for only the highest risk spam and allows the user to block those calls. Sprint Call Screener is an enhanced service that provides spam identification for all spam calls and the ability to block those spam calls. Sprint Call Screener also provides caller ID, spam number reporting and personalized blocked number lists as well as other features.

I am currently enrolled in Sprint Call Screener Basic. How do I get free Sprint Call Screener?

From the Sprint Call Screener application, select the “Enable Now” button on the home screen.

How can I disable Sprint Call Screener?

To disable Call Screener, go to the settings page from the menu in the upper left-hand corner, and tap on the Account Status. Tap on Disable Call Screener.

How can I cancel my Caller ID service?

Customers can cancel Caller ID via one of the following:

• Logging into sprint.com/mysprint and navigating to “Change Services” page
  • Calling your Team of Experts by dialing *2 from your Sprint phone 
  • At any Sprint store

Be ID-aware with McAfee

How do I get my free 12-month subscription to the Be ID-aware with McAfee for T-Mobile offer? 

Starting 7/24, eligible Sprint customers can visit www.sprint.com/scamprotection and then click on McAfee Identify Protection to go to the registration page.  Enter your valid account number,  phone number, email, and contact information. After we confirm your eligibility, you will receive an email from McAfee within 3 or 4 days with a link to complete your profile. 

What if I already have a McAfee account/app, can I still get this offer?

Yes: if you already have a McAfee account, you can still take advantage of this offer starting 7/24.

• The Be ID-aware with McAfee for T-Mobile offer is only available by signing up through our registration process and will require a valid email address that is different from what you're currently using on your McAfee account. This offer is not available to be managed through the McAfee app but can be managed through the McAfee web portal.

I missed the window to get McAfee Identity Protection by [1 day, 2 days, etc.]. Can I still get it?  

No. This offer was available while supplies last between July 24th, 2020, and August 31, 2020.  

What if I lose my email from McAfee?  

Please call McAfee at 855-223-8057 24/7/365 for assistance. 

What happens at the end of the 12-month subscription? 

The McAfee subscription will stop at this time with no strings attached.  There is no automatic renewal, no automated charges.  Customers that choose to continue their subscription will get a special offer from McAfee