cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Sailing with us? Make sure to verify your email address!

Community Manager

We were attacked by PIRATES this weekend guys!  Ok, spammer bots, not pirates, but it was rather annoying and inconvenient on the deck of the Good Ship Community for a couple of days.

Credit: https://www.pinnacledisplays.com/unicode-converter.htmCredit: https://www.pinnacledisplays.com/unicode-converter.htm

In order to protect our Community, we've implemented an email verification requirement for our users. 

What does that mean for me?

If you're a long-time user, this probably won't change a thing.  Chances are that you verified your email address with us long ago.  If you're a new member, you won't be able to create posts, comment on discussions or send/receive private messages until you've clicked the verification link sent to your registration email address.

How do I verify my email?

Look for an email from Sprint Mobile Community in your inbox or Spam folder.  Click the link in the email to verify your email address. That's it!  Your registration is complete!  You can now participate in or create new discussions and send/receive private messages.

One more thing: when joining any new community or site, it's always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the expectations for member behavior.  In order to get the most of your experience here, please take a few minutes to read our Terms and Conditions as well as our Guidelines.   Understanding these guidelines will ensure you're able to get help, share your expertise and participate on our Community for years to come.

• Community Update
30 Comments
Journeyman

O

Journeyman

Alexis Shafer

seawolf wrote:

We were attacked by PIRATES this weekend guys!  Ok, spammer bots, not pirates, but it was rather annoying and inconvenient on the deck of the Good Ship Community for a couple of days.

Credit: https://www.pinnacledisplays.com/unicode-converter.htmCredit: https://www.pinnacledisplays.com/unicode-converter.htm

In order to protect our Community, we've implemented an email verification requirement for our users. 

If you're a long-time user, this probably won't change a thing.  Chances are that you verified your email address with us long ago.  If you're a new member, you won't be able to create posts, comment on discussions or send/receive private messages until you've clicked the verification link sent to your registration email address.

Look for an email from Sprint Mobile Community in your inbox or Spam folder.  Click the link in the email to verify your email address. That's it!  Your registration is complete!  You can now participate in or create new discussions and send/receive private messages.

One more thing: when joining any new community or site, it's always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the expectations for member behavior.  In order to get the most of your experience here, please take a few minutes to read our Terms and Conditions as well as our Guidelines.   Understanding these guidelines will ensure you're able to get help, share your expertise and participate on our Community for years to come.

Journeyman

Hello All,

I am a little new to Sprint and I look forward to being with Sprint for a long time to come. I have verified my email address and I am ready to flow with the Sprint Community.

Community Manager

Welcome @Kimetha40 <3

Journeyman

How? I am trying to post but don't know how to start

GrandMaster
you go into whichever forum fits what you are needing to ask..once in there top right ish of the page will be an option to "start a topic". click on that and away you go. example. if you are having network issues you would go into this forum here https://community.sprint.com/t5/Network-Coverage/bd-p/network . and then top right will be the option to start a thread of your own. include as much info as you can without turning it into an autobiography and an agent will be in contact with you to assist.
Journeyman

It is ridiculuous in that I am unable to find out how to start a chat session or blog. This is just like your service, all this crap on the website but you leave out the simple stuff

Community Manager

@Eddie8384, as I mention in my article, you won't be able to start a new thread or reply to one until you have completed the registration process.  Please check the email address that you used to sign up here on Community and look for an email from Sprint Mobile Community.  Once you've clicked that link, you'll have verified your email address and you'll be able to participate in the rest of the forums. 

Please note: this is not chat, replies are not immediate and other customers may also join the conversation with helpful hints rather than an agent, as it the nature of message boards.

If you're looking for real time chat, please go to Sprint.com/chat.  If agents are currently available, you should see a button to start a chat.  If there is no link to start a chat, agents may not be available.

GrandMaster
i advise you to post in a forum that goes with your issues..you are currently posting about unlocking your phone in a blog about verifying your email address so you can post and send/receive pm's through th e site itself..has nothing to do with your issue..not even remotely. i recommend posting in the forum dedicated to your device or the closest to it..since you mentioned a iphone you will look at one of these thread options and start a thread of your own explaining what you are needing https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone/ct-p/iphone
Journeyman

how does one post info to share with all comm.?

GrandMaster
are you needing to post about a device? the network? billing?
Journeyman

I can't seem to post to the "my phones", so I'm guessing my email is not verified? But it's been a while, and I can't find any emails regarding this. Is there some other way I can verify my email?

Community Manager

Sure @fantasyquill.  Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen and then click on Settings >Email > Resend verification

Let me know if that works!

Journeyman

Thanks for your advice , 

Journeyman

I cant start a new post in "problem solvers archive." The start new topic button is grayed out. Pls help.

GrandMaster
did you follow the steps on the very first post in here?
Journeyman

Yes my email was verified.

Community Manager

@hungkhang_7 an 'archive' is a read only space for old posts that have been solved.  Try creating your question here instead: Problem Solvers

Journeyman

@seawolf, oh okay. thanks for letting me know.

Journeyman

I was told in store 50.00 a month if I go home n sign up for auto pay. I call customer service and I'm told the bill was already printed I won't get discount. Sprint lies and SUCKS

Journeyman

seawolf wrote:

GrandMaster
@Catsokes if you are wanting the agents to look into this issue you will need to post in an area dedicated to stuff like this..like plans https://community.sprint.com/t5/Plans/bd-p/plans . @Button5555 are you needing assistance or have a question?
Journeyman

Smiley Indifferent

Journeyman

The email address that is on file, i don't have access to anymore 

Community Manager

@MrsRamirez15 are you referring to your Sprint.com account or your Community account?

Journeyman

My sprint.com account 

Community Manager

If you still have access to your Sprint phone, you can have a text sent to yourself with your Username.  After that, you'll be able to go through the Forgot Password process (you'll need to know your Sprint phone number and account PIN and zip code to complete this).

If you don't have access to your Sprint phone because it's broken or not in your possession, an agent may have to submit a ticket on your behalf.  You can create a thread in our Sprint.com Account space here on Community and an agent will help you.

Patron

And why does it say Journeyman next to my user name, I never added that nor can i get rid of it, how lamo!

GrandMaster
thats the title you have compared to how many posts you have made etc..it changes the more you post o and or the more things you post that are marked as the correct answer etc.
Community Manager

We have closed comments on this article, folks.  If you have a question about your device, account or services, head on over to one of the forums and create or add to a thread in the appropriate space:

• Account Forum (for questions about your bill, payments or your Sprint.com account)
  • Services forum (for questions about your plan, orders, or the network)
  • Phones forum (for questions about your phone)
  • Community Updates forum (leave feedback about the Community or meet and greet others like you in the Off Topic space)

You can also read about our products and services in the Sprint Blogs section.

About the Author
  • Sprint employee for 16+ years, Sprint community manager & advocate for 10+ years. Online gamer, terrible blogger and owner at "SociAlleyAcceptable". Social Strategy is my passion.
  • SeaWolf makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR. Current Phone: Samsung S8 Areas of Expertise: Care topics and corny jokes