cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving you User Name control and Keeping our Spaces Neat - Week of 17 Feb, 2017

Community Manager

Customers set the course for us this week when you requested the ability to change your Community user name.  Previously this was (putting it mildly) a major hassle.  Fortunately, our new Lithium platform lets us enable the feature very easily.  We talked it out and made the change.  Tadah!

Going forward, you can change your user name by going to My Settings: Personal Tab: User name.   Type in your desired user name, hit the button and, provided nobody else is using the one you want, you're good.  If your desired name is taken, you'll get an error, so no fears that you'll have the same name as someone else.  

*keep in mind, if you change your username, your password will automatically be reset.  This is a security precaution to ensure that your Community account has not been compromised.  As someone who had to recover a Twitter account that was hacked a few years ago, I can tell you, I'm ok with jumping through a hoop if it means my stuff is MINE.

@A11ey and I restricted Discussion Creation in two spaces this week: Tips & Tricks and Rules & Guidelines.  While you can still comment on most threads there, we'd like to reserve those spaces for more official tips, tricks and well, guidelines.  Don't worry, you can still create discussions in every other space (and we hope that you will, if you can't find something that matches your question, comment or concern).

Are you a Pokemon trainer or maybe the parent of one?  I am both! This weekend, Sprint is hosting Pokemon-Go Battles and Lure-a-thons all over the country and I may have geeked out about it just a tad here.

You probably saw that we announced a new $90 dollar Unlimited plan for 4 lines.  While that plan is only available for new customers, we want you to know that we never forget our old friends.   Our Deals page has lots of great goodies available for existing customers, check it out here.  Looking to save money on your bill?  Our Unlimited Freedom plan is open to existing customers and is still the best deal for Unlimited data in wireless.  You don't have to call, you can get started on your own with the Sprint Plan Optimizer here.  See usage history and find out if we can save you money.  You can always come back to Community to ask questions in the appropriate category, our Social Care team is delighted to help.

Alley and I also had some great discussions with our Launch Product Ambassadors about the future of our Ambassador program this week.  If you enjoy reading their perspective on Sprint's latest devices, you'll be excited to hear that a few voices from the past may rejoin us as we introduce a new program.  More details on that in the coming weeks, so watch this space!

• ambassadors
  • brand ambassadors
  • change username
  • existing customer deal
  • existing customer perk
  • new feature
  • site announcement
  • tips and tricks
  • unlimited plan
  • username
2 Comments
Journeyman

Thank you for welcoming me into the community!

Community Manager

You're most welcome, Sparkles (Looooving the user name)

glitter.JPG

About the Author
  • Sprint employee for 16+ years, Sprint community manager & advocate for 10+ years. Online gamer, terrible blogger and owner at "SociAlleyAcceptable". Social Strategy is my passion.
  • SeaWolf now makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR.