cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Captain's Log: Community Updates

Community Manager

A healthy Community is one that changes constantly and Sprint's is no different.  Your admin team makes regular updates, adding new features, tools and content.  Some of this you'll notice right away and some you'll never even know exist (if we have done or jobs right).  

As your Captain, it's my job to keep us moving forward and sailing as smoothly as possible.  The Community Managers and I are planning semi-regular articles highlighting what's new and different to keep you in the know and loving your Community. Feel free to leave us a comment but for detailed discussions, consider starting your own post in our Community Feedback board.

7 Comments
Journeyman

seawolf wrote:

A healthy Community is one that changes constantly and Sprint's is no different.  Your admin team makes regular updates, adding new features, tools and content.  Some of this you'll notice right away and some you'll never even know exist (if we have done or jobs right).  

As your Captain, it's my job to keep us moving forward and sailing as smoothly as possible.  The Community Managers and I are planning semi-regular articles highlighting what's new and different to keep you in the know and loving your Community. Feel free to leave us a comment but for detailed discussions, consider starting your own post in our Community Feedback board.

Community Manager

Greetings @ejjb1976, did you have a quesiton about the Community that I can answer?

Journeyman

Under what department does 'Community Manager' fall under? :)

Community Manager

In this case @MrCaleb I am a bit of a webmaster, a gigantic social media/message board dork, a bit of a writer and a bit of a Care subject matter expert all in one.  I started with Nextel, then came to Sprint, eventuallly doing Social Care (that's why my old posts are all Social Care posts, before I was an admin).  I go all the way back to bulletin boards on the internet but have been a blogger, a member of the twitterati, a FB icon and did a 5 yr stint as a Message board administration on a board dedicated to an extremely popular movie series.  No, not that one.  Nope, not that one either.

Don't ask me to go giving away all my secrets, but I will say this:

17201023_10158298883120117_1020055009405108171_n.jpg

Journeyman

I myself served as a Community Manager on Zappzter back in 2009, which had around 370,000 active users. The social media platform unfortunately shut down a few years later due to a lack of interest/feature updates.

Ever since then, I've served on multiple boards in various community roles, the latest being Community Manager on a popular Minecraft network community.

I like your humor in your content, it's funny to read.

Journeyman

How do I post to the Airave Board?

Community Manager

Hey @chelmite, a couple of our Airave boards have been archived because those models are retired.  You can still post a question in Airave 2/2.5

Let me know if that helps.