cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint's ERT Team: Hurricane Michael Updates from the Field

Community Manager

If you live in the area, you are likely very busy cleaning up and and trying to get back to normal life after Hurricane Michael. A reliable way to stay connected is obviously critical. For Sprint's Emergency Response Team, the clean-up and restoration process is ongoing but we wanted to share the progress ERT has made so far. These updates are as of 10/25/18, so service may have been restored to even more sites since I received my info.

MichaelSatCOLT1102618.jpgImage of a Sprint ERT Satellite Cell Site on Light Truck in the Florida Panhandle

• A total of 403 sites were affected in some way by the storm, whether temporarily cut off from electrical power, damage to fiber optic lines feeding the site or physical damage or flooding at the site itself. As of 10/25, we have restored service to all but 23 sites and expect to restore even more very soon
  • SATColts are in place in many areas to temporarily restore some service and will remain there until the regular sites are back up and running (for those who don't remember, that is a Satellite Cell Site on Light Truck mentioned in our first blog aticle about Sprint's Emergency Response Team
  • Sprint continues to work with and support first responders and other government agencies to ensure your safety is a priority

We know that communication is key in our everyday lives but particularly when recovering from disaster. Sprint ERT's only job is to ensure we get every Sprint customer back online as quickly as we possibly can.

For more information about Sprint's preparation for and response to Hurricane Michael, please visit the Sprint Newsroom

Have a question about ERT? Post it here. If we don't have the answer now, we will get it and post it ASAP. Need help with your Sprint service or bill? Post in our Problem Solvers area

About the Author
  • Sprint employee since 1998. One of the founding Sprint Community managers in 2004. Customer advocates. Online gamer, terrible blogger and owner at "SociAlleyAcceptable". Social Strategy is my passion. If you have suggestions or questions about Community please create a post on the Community Feedback board and I’ll review it and get back to you!
  • SeaWolf makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR. Current Phone: Samsung S8 Areas of Expertise: Care topics and corny jokes