cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design and Layout

Community Manager

Re: Design and Layout

Great idea let;s add this ot this list, I know we can do this, just need to prioritize it!

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

It can be added, not sure if it should be out there for everyone or just for mods and masters. It's just my saved link on my menu bar.

Master

This is similar to the Activity Tab in the previous forum software. This was an easy way for us to scroll through all the newest posts in ANY forum and quickly respond.

In the meantime while discussing this, how would I add this to my Bookmarks section on the website? 

• Settings > Preferences > Home Page

THe Home Page Settings section talks about Bookmark Components, which if I'm reading correctly is personalized links on the website for quick access?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Actually, I just saw a setting under the same section further down,

• Show the Latest Posts component

Would that be similar to what we want? And if so, where is that located because I checked the box and when I go back to the main page, I see no difference. Maybe it's not actually turned on yet?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

smotrs wrote:

Actually, I just saw a setting under the same section further down,

• Show the Latest Posts component

Would that be similar to what we want? And if so, where is that located because I checked the box and when I go back to the main page, I see no difference. Maybe it's not actually turned on yet?

Can you take a pic and post it here? I'm not seeing it.

Master

Heres the exact navigation,

• Click your Avatar icon upper right corner of page
  • in the Context menu, select My Settings
  • Select Preferences
  • Select Home Page

Should look like the following, last item hi-lited in Blue is the one I'm talking about,

Location.PNG

--

smotrs wrote:

This is similar to the Activity Tab in the previous forum software. This was an easy way for us to scroll through all the newest posts in ANY forum and quickly respond.

In the meantime while discussing this, how would I add this to my Bookmarks section on the website? 

• Settings > Preferences > Home Page

THe Home Page Settings section talks about Bookmark Components, which if I'm reading correctly is personalized links on the website for quick access?

If you are on a specific board, you can add bookmarks, ie iPhone 5, iPhone 7, but not for all iPhones, just separately. To add bookmarks, go to chosen board, click on 3 dots on upper right to get drop down and click on Bookmark. To find your bookmarks, go to My Settings>Subscriptions and Notifications>My Bookmarks

smotrs wrote:

Heres the exact navigation,

• Click your Avatar icon upper right corner of page
  • in the Context menu, select My Settings
  • Select Preferences
  • Select Home Page

Should look like the following, last item hi-lited in Blue is the one I'm talking about,

Location.PNG

When you open a board, it will show the latest posts posted. You have to scroll down and the click to next page to see older posts. So, if you open iPhone7 and read what you've chosen to read and refresh, any new posts will show at the top.

Master

For the bookmarks, this is what I see, but no way to add the link that was posted several posts ago.

Bookmarks.PNG

And if I goto that link that was posted, there is no 3 dots option to add it like forums or threads.  Smiley Happy

--

Master

Ok, I did see new posts in that manner as you describe. Was hoping it added a button or link on the main page to display similar to that link but it was actually within forums/threads that it's displayed instead. Smiley Happy

--

Master

This is kind of what I was referring to before. It was hinted I can change the page layout to threaded, which I did, and it should show replies inline with the original messages. However, I did try that and notice no change on the forum. So I still don't know to whom replies are to.

--

Journeyman

How different or better will it be compared with the old one?
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.  

Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!