cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus protection

Go to solution
Journeyman

Virus protection

Warning for all android users. DO NOT install "scan guard ". It is unnecessary and a SCAM! !
9 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Virus protection

is this something you downloaded from the play store? came already loaded on your phone? only one i know of is Lookout that usually comes stock on most carrier branded devices.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Fireguy, we've spoken before and I do not work for Sprint eitherSmiley Happy I just came across this "scan guard" telling me I had a virus and to go to the Google play store and download to rid of it as well as "boost" my phone! Seemed sketchy so I researched it and it IS a scam! I knew I was told that all the "protection "I needed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was installed. I just wanted to let everyone else know bc it SEEMED or could to some seem "legit"!Smiley Sad
Journeyman

Fireguy, we've spoken before and I do not work for Sprint eitherSmiley Happy I just came across this "scan guard" telling me I had a virus and to go to the Google play store and download to rid of it as well as "boost" my phone! Seemed sketchy so I researched it and it IS a scam! I knew I was told that all the "protection "I needed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was installed. I just wanted to let everyone else know bc it SEEMED or could to some seem "legit"!Smiley Sad
GrandMaster

i thought the name looked a bit familiar lol. out of curiosity...were you by chance on your browser when that warning popped up that you had a virus or issue with your phone? if so its a scam to get you to download that app..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah I was. I really just wanted to warn others of it being a scam especially when by saying go to Google play to download immediately or loose protected data, SOME people wouldn't know NOT to do just that!
GrandMaster

agreed. there are many out there that just click without thinking first or questioning what they are about to click.
Master

So it's not a good thing to send your banking information to that Nigerian prince so that you can get a part of his millions for helping him out?  

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

well obviously per the letter youre related somehow. stop being stingy and help your long lost cousin.
Journeyman

Hahahahahaha! Dang! I JUST mailed that check this morning! Is THAT a SCAM????? LMAO!
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!