cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak signal, new phones won't work. Can't upgrade phone because can't find one that works!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Weak signal, new phones won't work. Can't upgrade phone because can't find one that works!

I live in rural Michigan, 5 miles from Sprint tower. I have Galaxy S7 works well most of the time with occasional issues with text fail. But I'm trying to upgrade due to the security updates not being available anymore. My husband has a Galaxy A50 that works but I wanted a newer phone if possible. I tried a Galaxy A51 and didn't get a single call or text for 2 weeks so contact tech support. HOURS and DAYS on phone with them and returned after 2 more weeks. Bought iPhone SE. Same thing...no call or text. Tech support without success in days and hours. Return phone. So now I'm thinking Airave or signal booster. Advice on best phone or whether Airave or booster is best way to go? I'm at a loss.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

It's okay. I've already contacted customer support and they're sending me a Voice Pro signal booster because we're so rural and we're 5 miles from the nearest Sprint tower, and we have had issues with service since we moved here 4 years ago. We've been customers of Sprint since 2006, so...enough already. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! Before we can advise on whether an Airave would help, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Since your husband has no problem with his device is the same location, it can most likely be a device based problem in terms of provisioning etc. Do you still have the iPhone SE? Send me your nearest cross streets and ZIP code in a private message. 

Highlighted

I returned the SE and I am back to using the S7.

Highlighted

Okay, got it. Send me the information requested above in a private message. 

Highlighted

It's okay. I've already contacted customer support and they're sending me a Voice Pro signal booster because we're so rural and we're 5 miles from the nearest Sprint tower, and we have had issues with service since we moved here 4 years ago. We've been customers of Sprint since 2006, so...enough already. 

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat